Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. iMac
I read here that once you are running Clover on Yosemite, then you can go to El Cap 'natively' by simply starting the installation file.

I figured then it could be possible to do the same thing with Mav, so I cloned my Mav boot drive, then installed Clover onto the clone, then copied the fakesmc, nullcpu, etc. bits and pieces that I noticed on anther post, and tried it out. It boots up just fine on Clover now, so I ran the El Cap install. It went through the first copy or whatever it does, then rebooted, but the install didn't restart - it just sent me back to the usual Mav desktop.

Normal? Did I miss something else?

Thanks,

pg

Don't need NullCPUPowermanagement.kext when using Clover. Make sure that you put kexts in EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11 Remove all kexts from S\L\E before running El Capitan App Sore app.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

I removed nullcpupower, put kexts into 10.11, cleaned out /s/l/e. Now it panics almost immediately after the 1st install-reboot.

Screenshot attached.

?

pg

Attachments

• IMG_0771.jpg
    IMG_0771.jpg
    474.8 KB · Views: 167
Can you boot Mavericks up fine using Clover?

You need to put all Mavericks kexts in EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9 remove kexts from S\L\E fix disk permissions then reboot back into Mavericks download latest kexts from Kexts once done that put the kexts you've downloaded in EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11 then run the app make sure to set BooterConfig 0x28 & CsrActiveConfig 0x3.

I am trying to do Mavericks/Clover to ElCap/Clover, and via the App Store seems to be the only way to avoid a fresh install...

Did you get it working in the end? I have some queries about the points from jbamford:

You need to put all Mavericks kexts in EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9 remove kexts from S\L\E fix disk permissions then reboot back into Mavericks download latest kexts fromKexts once done that put the kexts you've downloaded in EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11 then run the app make sure to set BooterConfig 0x28 & CsrActiveConfig 0x3.

So every kext from S\L\E goes to EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9? Or just the custom ones I have (FakeSMC and AHCI_3rdParty_SATA)? Or the ones I added to get Clover working (FakeSMC, IntelMausiEthernet, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext)? What about the bundles?

Then I completely empty S\L\E? Or any of the combinations above?

Then disc permissions, reboot, download new kexts and put in EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11... which new kexts? Just the custom ones I had?

Then set BooterConfig 0x28 & CsrActiveConfig 0x3... this means edit EFI\CLOVER\config.plist as stated here?

Thanks very much
Ralph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back