Contribute
Register

Updating to El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah, I just tried this and experienced the same thing that you must be; all video output is frozen with no apparent way to interact with the system (I wasn't able to try a remote shell as I forgot to enable it before trying this).

I'm really sorry, I only buy music through iTunes, and rip all my TV shows and movies from Blu Ray, so I've never encountered this issue before. I assume the DRM is trying to use some kind of GPU hardware feature? But I would have thought it should still work though, or should at least fail in some way. Do you have a lot of DRM protected files?

It seems to have blocked my keyboard input, as I tried to trigger sysdiagnose (shift + control + alt + command + period) and it doesn't seem to have run either.

Hi,

no worries. I think there are many potential hack builders who are not aware of this. Maybe this should be added to some general installation guides. I searched this forum and googled but couldn't find a solution. I'll update here if I find out something...

Tim

While searching on another issue (I had difficulty updating to 10.11.6) I found this thread; I know in our case it's not actually a black screen, but it seems relevant.

I'm going try installing it and when I remember to I'll give it a try (I need to wait till I've not got anything running that will be interrupted if I have to hard reset, and I'm very good at forgetting things ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back