Contribute
Register

Updating to a 1080 ti and having trouble locating the GPU_Sensors kext files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H
CPU
Graphics
Gigabyte 980 ti
I'm updating to a EVGA 1080 ti and I saw on the multibeast page an alert that I should remove the GPU Sensors kext or the system will kernal panic. I did a fresh install of Sierra and used Multibeast 9.0 a few months back.. My question is i've checked all the locations where that extension is supposed to be and I can't find it. I've checked in system/library/extensions and mounted the EFI partition and checked there as well... The FakeSMC is there but there is nothing in it refering to GPU Sensors. Am I ok to just install the card or am I looking for these files the wrong way. (I'm opening Fakesmc.kext by right clicking and using the show package contents option)

Thanks.

I'm updating to a EVGA 1080 ti and I saw on the multibeast page an alert that I should remove the GPU Sensors kext or the system will kernal panic. I did a fresh install of Sierra and used Multibeast 9.0 a few months back.. My question is i've checked all the locations where that extension is supposed to be and I can't find it. I've checked in system/library/extensions and mounted the EFI partition and checked there as well... The FakeSMC is there but there is nothing in it refering to GPU Sensors. Am I ok to just install the card or am I looking for these files the wrong way. (I'm opening Fakesmc.kext by right clicking and using the show package contents option)

Thanks.

Hi there.

In days of old the sensor kexts were indeed inside the FakeSMC kext, but they no longer are. For the latest sensors to work they just have to be in the same directory. Obviously as you've discovered you need to remove the old GPU sensor when using with Pascal cards, but there is a replacement available. Anyway, it will go in the same directory.

For more info see this thread - Post #24

Personally I have all the FakeSMC kexts in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other rather than in S/L/E or L/E

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back