Contribute
Register

Updating on GA-Z77N-WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi angelocala94,i tried everything and every combination. but since i installed this chimera nothing works properly. even the attempt to boot from usb stick fails because before booting i am ending up in this chimera boot loader-menu and probably the driver which are not working for me are still loaded there.my plan is to format my hard disk with a linux usb stick and after that i will try to install mavericks again.do you or anybody else know if the old method with using multibeast for mountain lion and the latest chameleon wizard will work? if not, i will use the oldest chimera version instead and hope that everything is working fine ;)thanks a lot

Hi everybody,now it is working for me, too.What I did do to get it running: 1.) disabled my hard disk as boot drive because Chimera was accidentally installed and causes a bunch of troubles with my Customac2.) Then, other than explained in the tutorial here on tonymacx86 I did deactivate the BIOS option X.M.P. because it cause a freezing of the screens after starting the installation menu. Result were: White screen but no errors in verbose-mode. After turning of the X.M.P. option (disable) I could start the installation with my UNibeast-3.0-prepared USB-stick. 3.) After the installation I didn't use the latest Multibeast 6.0.0 for Mavericks. Instead I used the Multibeast for Mountain Lion. I knew that the whole process with Mountain Lion was working perfectly for me. Therefore I used this older version to adjust the post install process. After that I used the latest Chameleon Wizard 4.2 to adjust my PLIST-file. Everything is working perfectly now!!! (The Multibeast for Mavericks forced me to select a chimera driver for startup. Otherwise it was not possible to start into my system because of the missing boot loader. But exactly this chimera causes troubles with my Customac. With the version for Mountain Lion it is working perfectly!)Thanks for your help ;)Best regards

Can someone give me a list of Multibeast settings (screenshots would be really nice) that you used after installing Mavericks? I'm using this board with a Core i5 3570K processor. Thanks in advance.

Can someone give me a list of Multibeast settings (screenshots would be really nice) that you used after installing Mavericks? I'm using this board with a Core i5 3570K processor. Thanks in advance.

This is my .mb file, load it on Multibeast

Attachments

• config.mb
    5 KB · Views: 465
Hi
thanks for this topic. Anyway my installation is started OK, till first restart, after booting from USB installation disk, setting the SSD for boot disk .. Black screen only LED flashes (monitor asleep), followed by reset, I have to select the option "ignore cache" and the installation continue and after that installation is complete. Have working 10.9 without sound with working graphics, network
Now I have a clean install, no boot.
And here begins my problem, I do not know what I choose in Multibeast, several different settings i tested, (3,1 MacPro, MacMini latest - worked well in 10.8.5 ...)
another reset and I already have a black screen with a blinking LED monitor sleeping

my configuration:

Intel i5-2500K
Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI
2x4GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 1024 MB
Corsair Force Series 3 120GB SSD

//I need a DSDT file or it can works without it? (sorry my english)

//EDIT2: tested angelocala94 MultiBeast settings - same.. after reboot black screen

//EDIT3: i use Chameleon Wizard 4.2 and now booting is ok...

This is my .mb file, load it on Multibeast

Thanks. I loaded your config file but ended up not using it, but it was useful for information purposes. I now have this machine updated to Mavericks using an iMac 12,2 smbios. Everything seems to be working fine except my HW Monitor now only shows hard drive information, nothing about CPU temps. I can live with that for now.

Thanks. I loaded your config file but ended up not using it, but it was useful for information purposes. I now have this machine updated to Mavericks using an iMac 12,2 smbios. Everything seems to be working fine except my HW Monitor now only shows hard drive information, nothing about CPU temps. I can live with that for now.

For CPU temps you need to install FakeSMC with multibeast!

Hi
thanks for this topic. Anyway my installation is started OK, till first restart, after booting from USB installation disk, setting the SSD for boot disk .. Black screen only LED flashes (monitor asleep), followed by reset, I have to select the option "ignore cache" and the installation continue and after that installation is complete. Have working 10.9 without sound with working graphics, network
Now I have a clean install, no boot.
And here begins my problem, I do not know what I choose in Multibeast, several different settings i tested, (3,1 MacPro, MacMini latest - worked well in 10.8.5 ...)
another reset and I already have a black screen with a blinking LED monitor sleeping

my configuration:

Intel i5-2500K
Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI
2x4GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 1024 MB
Corsair Force Series 3 120GB SSD

//I need a DSDT file or it can works without it? (sorry my english)

//EDIT2: tested angelocala94 MultiBeast settings - same.. after reboot black screen

//EDIT3: i use Chameleon Wizard 4.2 and now booting is ok...

Have you tried with GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=No ?

For CPU temps you need to install FakeSMC with multibeast!

Yeah. I also needed to install FakeSMC Plugins. Working now. :thumbup:

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone have USB 3 working on this board?

Yeah. I also needed to install FakeSMC Plugins. Working now. :thumbup:

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone have USB 3 working on this board?

My USB 3.0 works, but when i plug in a 2.0 into 3.0 port won't work, but if i plug in a 3.0 into 3.0 port everything works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back