Contribute
Register

Updates to iBoot + MultiBeast method re: Mountain Lion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
GTX 680
Mac
  1. MacBook
Considering that I may very well be unable to prepare a UniBeast install USB because of my problems with the App Store, I'm looking at the iBoot + Multibeast method to install Snow Leopard from my old Mac OS X Snow Leopard install discs.

Unfortunately, the guide is rather old and I want to make sure there are no problems inherent to using this method when I want to upgrade to Mountain Lion from Snow Leopard.

The system on which I intend to install these operating systems involves the following hardware:

Just to make it clear: I want to use the Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.3 install disc with the iBoot + MultiBeast method, but I want to upgrade all the way to Mountain Lion.

What changes to the iBoot + MultiBeast guide should I make in order to do this (especially in light of my hardware or any new developments), and how can I upgrade to Mountain Lion?

If you can get 10.6 up and running, just create the 10.8 UniBeast installer from there and reinstall from scratch. Thats what I plan to do anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back