Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using the current multibeast for the first time, I updated and patched the audio. It seems to be working fine. Does the audio patch automatically replace the AppleHDA kext (I could see no option)? Also, is there a way to enable TRIM yet?

Edit: I am also using BIOS F7. I have tried updating to F8 via Q-Flash, but I receive an error that "this version of Q-Flash is out of date." Is F8 essential/does it matter?

Using the current multibeast for the first time, I updated and patched the audio. It seems to be working fine. Does the audio patch automatically replace the AppleHDA kext (I could see no option)? Also, is there a way to enable TRIM yet?

Edit: I am also using BIOS F7. I have tried updating to F8 via Q-Flash, but I receive an error that "this version of Q-Flash is out of date." Is F8 essential/does it matter?

Yes it automatically replaces the AppleHDA.kext, if you have any queries when performing tasks with MultiBeast you can check the PDF document that comes with MultiBeast or the info provided in the App when you have a selection highlighted. Trim will be fixed in the next update. I don't use it due to the garbage collection on my SSD.

As for the BIOS update it isn't mandatory and only reflects overclocking as stated on Gigabyte's website.

Yes it automatically replaces the AppleHDA.kext, if you have any queries when performing tasks with MultiBeast you can check the PDF document that comes with MultiBeast or the info provided in the App when you have a selection highlighted. Trim will be fixed in the next update. I don't use it due to the garbage collection on my SSD.

As for the BIOS update it isn't mandatory and only reflects overclocking as stated on Gigabyte's website.

Thanks for the info wildwillow. Another thing that I notice now is that I rarely (once every few days), receive a freeze type bug. Basically what happens is that the screen appears to freeze, but in reality I think its just that all inputs are cut. The reason I think that is that I was watching a video when I freeze happened. The mouse and keyboard did not function, but the video was still moving. Any idea as to what causes this? I am using a GTX 660.

Thanks for the info wildwillow. Another thing that I notice now is that I rarely (once every few days), receive a freeze type bug. Basically what happens is that the screen appears to freeze, but in reality I think its just that all inputs are cut. The reason I think that is that I was watching a video when I freeze happened. The mouse and keyboard did not function, but the video was still moving. Any idea as to what causes this? I am using a GTX 660.

Some things that may or may not help the freeze situation, luckily at the moment and hopefully for the for seeable future I have eliminated the freeze. The most relevant thing for me was to set my System definition to iMac 14,2. Try these individually and see if they help. I have set my XMP profile in the BIOS to default. If this also helps try setting the multiplier to 1600 instead of 1333mhz. Some memory modules are performing to the correct max setting out of the box depending whether the memory is on Gigabyte's support list. Those were the only things that I did to prevent the freeze. Since finding the stability I have enabled native power management via toleda's guide which hasn't provided me any further issues. See how these work for you over a period of time before addressing the next possible solution if needed. When you mention the freeze during a movie is it through iTunes or another media player?

So I've had a system working fine with this board for quite awhile.

I start it up the other day, and it refuses to boot. I don't even get to the OS selection screen.

So I unplug all drives except my USB Mavericks drive in an attempt to restore, and I can now actually get to the bootloader screen. I select my Mavericks drive, and it goes through all the "read HFS+" stuff, until it gets to

Starting Darwin x86_64
Boot Args - boot-uuid=(numbers) rd=*uuid npci=0x2000 -v

and then it just restarts.

Any ideas on what's going on?

So I've had a system working fine with this board for quite awhile.

I start it up the other day, and it refuses to boot. I don't even get to the OS selection screen.

So I unplug all drives except my USB Mavericks drive in an attempt to restore, and I can now actually get to the bootloader screen. I select my Mavericks drive, and it goes through all the "read HFS+" stuff, until it gets to

Starting Darwin x86_64
Boot Args - boot-uuid=(numbers) rd=*uuid npci=0x2000 -v

and then it just restarts.

Any ideas on what's going on?

Have you tried booting with your UniBeast Drive and selecting your installation drive using -x (safe mode) then install MultiBeast again or Chimera?

Have you tried booting with your UniBeast Drive and selecting your installation drive using -x (safe mode) then install MultiBeast again or Chimera?

I really appreciate you getting back to me.

The same thing happens when I boot to the SSD from the Unibeast drive—it does all the normal startup things, then just reboots.

I really appreciate you getting back to me.

The same thing happens when I boot to the SSD from the Unibeast drive—it does all the normal startup things, then just reboots.

Did you boot in safe mode typing -x at the Chimera boot screen from the UniBeast USB?

Yes, I booted in safe mode from the USB.

Something seems to be corrupted on your system possibly from the boot loader causing problems initialising the Kernel. What have you done since the last good boot? Have you changed anything in the BIOS? Possible solutions is to use another installation/drive and target MultiBeast or Chimera to the defected install. Boot from a back up if you have one. If none of those are ideal solutions for you it may save you some time and reinstall. Probably not what you want to hear or do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back