Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
In MultiBeast, navigate to Customize, System Definitions and select iMac 14,2. If you haven't already done so.

Hi Willow,
I am now currently running 10.9.3 and using system definition MacPro 3,1 and I get random freezing. After reading your post, I changed it to iMac 14,2 and I hope it works and will report in a couple of days.

After looking back at my build, I am still wondering if I mounted the psu right... I noticed you mounted it with the fan facing up, which is what I did. However, I am on a wood desk and there is plenty of air that can come in through the bottom. I am wondering if I should make the fan face down which is what a lot of people do. Another thing I am wondering is if your psu is on hybrid or normal mode?

These aren't specific hackintosh questions, but I was wondering if you could answer them anyways.

Oh, and here is a picture (not sure how to post it bigger):

IMG_20140412_224606.jpg

After looking back at my build, I am still wondering if I mounted the psu right... I noticed you mounted it with the fan facing up, which is what I did. However, I am on a wood desk and there is plenty of air that can come in through the bottom. I am wondering if I should make the fan face down which is what a lot of people do. Another thing I am wondering is if your psu is on hybrid or normal mode?

Mine is also on a wooden surface on the floor. As heat rises it allows it to move towards the top fan and out of the case. I have it set to Hybrid as it will make the fan kick in when doing intensive tasks, and while not it is silent as I like it.

Hey Wildwillow I'm back :) First off I wanna say thanks again and owe my success of my build to you as I couldn't have done it without you. After a month this computer is running smooth as my original Imac :)

I did however aquire a new monitor the Dell S2740L (awesome by the way if you want something that looks and feels like an older imac monitor for 300 dollars) I am having a little problem though :( When I start my computer and turn the monitor on it goes to screen of snow or like when old tv were on with no cable attached. I am connected via Hdmi. If I unplug the Hdmi and plug it back in while the machine is on it goes into the normal screen and looks perfect like it should.

Any ideas why this might be happening? It would be nice if I didn't have to unplug and replug the hdmi cable everytime I turned it on. I figured I would would ask the master :)

Thanks for your time hope all is well :)

I am having a little problem though :( When I start my computer and turn the monitor on it goes to screen of snow or like when old tv were on with no cable attached. I am connected via Hdmi. If I unplug the Hdmi and plug it back in while the machine is on it goes into the normal screen and looks perfect like it should.

Hi BrianMac99,

Glad you are happy with your build. What version of OS X Mavericks are you running? you may need to patch the AppleIntelFrameBufferAzul.Kext. If you are running 10.9.3 then I have already patched it and can link you to it. If you were to leave your HDMI cable in for about 10 seconds it would then reach the desktop saving you the need to unplug it.

Hi BrianMac99,

Glad you are happy with your build. What version of OS X Mavericks are you running? you may need to patch the AppleIntelFrameBufferAzul.Kext. If you are running 10.9.3 then I have already patched it and can link you to it. If you were to leave your HDMI cable in for about 10 seconds it would then reach the desktop saving you the need to unplug it.

I am using 10.9.2

I'm scared to upgrade everything is working perfect except for this. :( Should I update? or is there a way without updating? Thanks again!

I am using 10.9.2

I'm scared to upgrade everything is working perfect except for this. :( Should I update? or is there a way without updating? Thanks again!

I've updated to 10.9.3 and had no problems except for having to reinstall audio using MultiBeast very simple. This is entirely up to you.

You can patch the AppleIntelFrameBufferAzul.kext yourself for 10.9.2 if you feel confident to do so here HD4600+/HD4000/HD3000 Framebuffer Edits Back up your native Azul.kext first.

I have the patched Azul.kext for 10.9.2 but I removed it from this thread as I have updated.

Are any of you guys running DSDT-Free and getting random freezes?

I'm running this build with Lexone's DSDT guide, and getting random freezes. I'm trying to isolate the problem and figure out if it's anything with the DSDT or something across all Z87X-OC builds.

I also have a Asus GTX 770 in this build. Could it be the VGA?

Are any of you guys running DSDT-Free and getting random freezes?

I'm running this build with Lexone's DSDT guide, and getting random freezes. I'm trying to isolate the problem and figure out if it's anything with the DSDT or something across all Z87X-OC builds.

I also have a Asus GTX 770 in this build. Could it be the VGA?

Yes I am running DSDT Free with an HDMI audio SSDT and power management SSDT. Haven't had any freezes since last year fortunately. When you mention ion VGA, you mean the graphics card and not the connection/cable between the graphics card and your monitor yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back