Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you mention ion VGA, you mean the graphics card and not the connection/cable between the graphics card and your monitor yes?

Yup. My two monitors are connected via DVI-D, I mean the graphics card.

I was having some random freeze issues as well. I removed my graphics card completely and am just using the onboard graphics.

I haven't had a freeze since. It isn't ideal as I'd really like to use my 7950, but it's better than freezing at random right now.

Yup. My two monitors are connected via DVI-D, I mean the graphics card.

I have the onboard Intel graphics (HD4600) enabled along with my GT640. Dual monitors one from each graphics output. Do you have the latest BIOS installed and are you up to date with OS X.

Hello Wildwillow and thanks for sharing your experience in your guide. It's a huge help!

I just built a similar machine (my first) and I have some questions if you dont mind.
I started from scratch and retail SL DVD. Upgraded to 10.6.8 and then Mavericks 10.9.3

My Mb is GA Z87x ud7 th and intel i5 4690
I have only the onboard intel graphics.

You wrote:
4. But before I restart the system I had to go into the root of my Mountain Lion drive and locate the /Extra folder and open the Org.Chameleon.Boot.Plist see How To Edit a .plist.

Now I want to add the new IGPEnabler boot flag into my Org.Chameleon.Boot.Plist
Adding this

Code:
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string<

Did you mean the Mavericks drive?​

When I went to do this I found that my plist already had those two lines so I left it alone. Did I miss understand something?

One problem I'm still having is that when the machine wakes from sleep it crashes and just shows static on the monitor. Do you have any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks again, for your helpfulness :)

Bob

Edit:
If I wanted to try a complete reinstall of 10.9.3 would I need to format the drive or could I install over the existing OS? Thanks again.

My Mb is GA Z87x ud7 th and intel i5 4690
I have only the onboard intel graphics.
This thread is about the Z87X-OC.

4. But before I restart the system I had to go into the root of my Mountain Lion drive and locate the /Extra folder and open the Org.Chameleon.Boot.Plist see How To Edit a .plist.
I want to add the new IGPEnabler boot flag into my Org.Chameleon.Boot.Plist
Adding this <key>IGPEnabler</key><string>Yes</string<
Did you mean the Mavericks drive?​
When I went to do this I found that my plist already had those two lines so I left it alone. Did I miss understand something?

This is because I originally had Mountain Lion 10.8.5 installed which supported Haswell. The IGPEnabler Key was not added until MultiBeast for Mavericks as the title of this thread reads Updated.

problem I'm still having is that when the machine wakes from sleep it crashes and just shows static on the monitor. Do you have any ideas how to fix this?
If I wanted to try a complete reinstall of 10.9.3 would I need to format the drive or could I install over the existing OS? Thanks again.

When your system boots do you still receive the static on your monitor before reaching the login/desktop? You can resolve this issue by patching the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.Kext here HD4600+/HD4000/HD3000 Framebuffer Edits

Yes you would need to reformat the drive before reinstalling. If you were updating then you wouldn't want to reformat.

This thread is about the Z87X-OC.

Thanks for your reply. I didnt see any builds with my exact parts but yours was closest so I'm hoping that things work mostly the same.

This is because I originally had Mountain Lion 10.8.5 installed which supported Haswell. The IGPEnabler Key was not added until MultiBeast for Mavericks as the title of this thread reads Updated.

Sometimes I miss what is plain to see. Especially recently since I've been loosing sleep with this project :rolleyes:

When your system boots do you still receive the static on your monitor before reaching the login/desktop? You can resolve this issue by patching the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.Kext here HD4600+/HD4000/HD3000 Framebuffer Edits

When I turn it on or restart it, it just shows the bios boot screen, the black tonymac screen and/or a grey screen before login but no real "static". The real static and crash only happens when coming back from sleep. I also noticed that the processor fan and case fan kept running when I put it to sleep so I guess there is some issue with that function. I can try the patch you mentioned but if that doesnt help maybe I'll reinstall mavericks again and reformat the drive this time : (

I believe the mavericks download is a full install as opposed to an update so I should have formatted when I installed it. I actually attempted to install it three times because the first installation crashed and after I resumed the installation the mouse stopped working.

Thanks for your help :)

Updated to 10.9.4 with no problems. more info here http://www.tonymacx86.com/438-os-x-10-9-4-update.html

Remember you will need to run MultiBeast to replace the AppleHDA.kext for audio after install. Replaced the patched AppleIntelFrameBufferAzul.kext on the appropriate post of this thread.

Replaced the patched AppleIntelFrameBufferAzul.kext on the appropriate post of this thread.

Hey Wild, can you elaborate a little on exactly what you meant by this comment? I'm not sure why but I am confused by what u meant. After upgrading, it restored the original AIFBA.kext so you replaced it with a backup of the patched one that you were using with 10.9.3 for HDMI Audio? Is this correct or am I on the right track? Thanks bud

Hey Wild, can you elaborate a little on exactly what you meant by this comment? I'm not sure why but I am confused by what u meant. After upgrading, it restored the original AIFBA.kext so you replaced it with a backup of the patched one that you were using with 10.9.3 for HDMI Audio? Is this correct or am I on the right track? Thanks bud

NO I replaced the patched 10.9.3 Azul.kext with a patched 10.9.4 Azul.kext here Post#388

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back