Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeppers... Everything just as it said. I just plugged in some speakers to the green port on the back and I get sound if I set it to Internal Speakers.

Is your sound coming from your IGFX or your dedicated graphics from HDMI?

I have it coming from either if I switch HDMI audio devices in Sound Preferences. Suggestion, Read through toleda's thread again. Work through each step. Go to the troubleshooting section and use the tools and make sure that everything is the same as posted. This is all relevant.

I have it coming from either if I switch HDMI audio devices in Sound Preferences. Suggestion, Read through toleda's thread again. Work through each step. Go to the troubleshooting section and use the tools and make sure that everything is the same as posted. This is all relevant.
Roger that...Thanks for all your help!

Hi there,

Im totally new but i want to try my luck :)
I have a ga-z87x-oc and a 4770k (brand new system). I followed the official mavericks install guide step by step. Unfortunatly my pc doesnt recognize my keyboard (logitech, ps2) anymore, after entering the install interface (it works fine in bios and i can also type in flags like -x, but after entering the install interface its just gone). Mouse works fine (usb). I can install X (without having the chance of changing the harddrive name) but after restart im stuck at the account creation...

Any suggestions, please :)

Well wildwillow I took your advice and went and picked up a DP to HDMI adapter and I now have sound from HDMI! :thumbup: Not sure why it wouldn't work on the HDMI alone but hey... I have a fully functional Hassy Hack that is a hell of a lot better than what I could ever get from the Apple Store.

Question... When I install my GTX 770 is there any hoops I have to jump through to get full performance out of it or is it pretty much plug & play with the graphics cards?

I'm really glad that I went with your guide because this rig rocks and I haven't even OC'd it yet! Thanks for all the help and the awesome guide!!

Maybe its because I might not have any ps2 drivers? Whats the easiest way of adding them?

Yup, that's right. While installing you will need to use a USB keyboard. I had the same issue. Had to buy a cheap USB keyboard to get past the install and register screens. Once there, you can use multibeast to install PS2 drivers. Try borrowing a USB keyboard from a friend if you can!

I tried with an usb Keyboard and it doesnt work -_- so neither usb nore ps2 keyboard work. Any ideas? Anyone else experiences these problems with the ga-z87x-oc?

Maybe i can add the drivers somehow? If so could someone explain it step by step?

I tried with an usb Keyboard and it doesnt work -_- so neither usb nore ps2 keyboard work. Any ideas? Anyone else experiences these problems with the ga-z87x-oc?

Maybe i can add the drivers somehow? If so could someone explain it step by step?
Is your usb keyboard wired or wireless? Either way...If you haven't already try different usb ports preferably the usb 2 ports.

Well wildwillow I took your advice and went and picked up a DP to HDMI adapter and I now have sound from HDMI! :thumbup: Not sure why it wouldn't work on the HDMI alone but hey... I have a fully functional Hassy Hack that is a hell of a lot better than what I could ever get from the Apple Store.

Glad you got it working, you may also find that if you used the bottom HDMI port that HDMI audio wasn't available to you. Using the top HDMI port you would have seen HDMI options in sound Preferences.

... When I install my GTX 770 is there any hoops I have to jump through to get full performance out of it or is it pretty much plug & play with the graphics cards?

I'm really glad that I went with your guide because this rig rocks and I haven't even OC'd it yet! Thanks for all the help and the awesome guide!!

Are you going to be using two monitors with your configuration or just the one through your graphics card.

Try using either the two top USB ports on the rear of the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back