Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
ColdCross answered on your question. He laid out his efi folder with the settings of the clover.

OK, found it:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...0k-hd4600-gt-640.106807/page-118#post-1579118

should I only look at /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist or are there other interesting information to extract?

If QE/CI
of intel HD 4600 is enabled, you can without any problems set any resolution up to 4k

What does that mean? I don't know what QE/CI is... I guess google is my friend ;)

@asheenlevrai

I uploaded my EFI folder some pages back. Also have just internal GPU.
Running 2560x1440.

The only graphic issue is that at boot (past Clover) the Apple logo is distorted from 1080p resolution before some drivers kick in, and it resizes to 2560x1440, finishes the load bar and fades into HS.
Did not figure out how to fix this yet.

OK, from what I could see from your EFI folder, the only significant difference is that you installed the GraphicsIntelframbufferAzul patch from Toleda. I tried to read the tutorial but I cannot understand how to determine which .command file to run for HD4600. Do you remember which one you used?

Thanks
-a-

Last edited:
Motivated by you and based on the things that have worked well, I decided to make an upgrade from Yosemite to High Sierra, following every recommended step.

After installing the operating system from my memory stick, I copied the EFI file of the Wildwillow user and almost everything is working well in my hackintosh. The problem is when I try to power on my computer with the GTX 950 card, because it gets automatically restarted every time. This does not happen with the HD4600 card.

Has someone experienced a similar problem? Do you know what could be the solution?

Your support will be much appreciated.

Motivated by you and based on the things that have worked well, I decided to make an upgrade from Yosemite to High Sierra, following every recommended step.

After installing the operating system from my memory stick, I copied the EFI file of the Wildwillow user and almost everything is working well in my hackintosh. The problem is when I try to power on my computer with the GTX 950 card, because it gets automatically restarted every time. This does not happen with the HD4600 card.

Has someone experienced a similar problem? Do you know what could be the solution?

Your support will be much appreciated.

I'm probably too much of a chicken **** but I wouldn't have dared to use someone else's EFI folder as my own.

There are probably several options in his config.plist file that don't match your configuration.
You shoud try to use Clover Configurator to setup the options you need (like inject NVidia or whatever).

Probably others can help you better/further than that.

Best,
-a-

I have a simple installation on my computer, only the video card as an extra, but this GTX 950 does not allow me to build an operating system, it restarts the computer again and again. With Yosemite operating system was OK.

I have a simple installation on my computer, only the video card as an extra, but this GTX 950 does not allow me to build an operating system, it restarts the computer again and again. With Yosemite operating system was OK.

then what you describe the reboots do not give the practical value. Need boot in verbose mode and put the
screenshot of the problem (add -v boot arg). Make sure, that you add "use nvidea web drivers" and not delivered nv_disable=1 (this arg does not allow the use of an external video card nvidea) in clover

Thanks to everyone, it's already working. The problem was in my VGA monitor with DVI adapter does not work, with DVI or HDMI goes perfectly.

Updated
  • NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • Clover
Then:
Updated to 10.13.2 via App Store with no issues.

The video playback was broken since upgrade to 10.13.0.
Possible reason was did not install the kext properly. Guide to do so is here.
iTunes used to crash since 10.13.0 - that issue is gone too.

Hi,

Here is my current that I made in December, 2013. It's still running 10.10.4 Yosemite with a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H LGA 1150 motherboard.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ga-z87x-ud3h-hd-4600-840-evo-16gb-ram.119894/

I've stepped away from the game for almost 4 years, and now I would like to update my rig to the latest OS possible.

I used MultiBeast and UniBeast. (I mention this because it seems like Clover is very popular now?)

Anyone have any guides/example builds of how I can update my rig to high sierra or which ever is latest supported?

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back