GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD4600
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Updated to 10.13.3 without problems. Audio drivers needed re-install.

iTunes is still very unstable, even after complete fresh install of 10.13.2. To the point where iPhones updates are not possible.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD4600
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Thank you rael11,

would you kindly advise me how to apply these patches?
I do not see them listed in Clover Configurator, Kernel and Kext Patches, KextsToPatch.

Thank you!

BreBo

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 970
would you kindly advise me how to apply these patches?
I do not see them listed in Clover Configurator, Kernel and Kext Patches, KextsToPatch.
Clover Configurator > Acpi > DSDT > Patches

patches.png

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD4600
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Thank you very much for the advice.

It helped with the crashes a bit - now iTunes runs sort of stable for a while.
But as soon as I try to play any video or link to a shared library over the network it crashes.

It also crashes from time to time when playing back music - but this was since the update to High Sierra.
Sierra had no such Problems.

If there are any more possible things to try out, I would very much like to know.

Thank you!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Updated to 10.13.3 without problems. Audio drivers needed re-install.

iTunes is still very unstable, even after complete fresh install of 10.13.2. To the point where iPhones updates are not possible.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
Can you put your EFI folder? Tired is not a pleasant story with 1060, I bought a zotac 1080 and very happy. No friezes after sleep. Finally decided to go from 10.12.6 to HS. But why the attempted upgrade and clean install failed. Previously put on a separate hdd. With problems, but launched. Now why it does not work. writes bsd process name corresponding to current thread: unknown. Or write please go to https //panic.apple.com to report this panic

Edit
Found a Wildwillow's folder, puted a couple of pages ago and added drop MATS. Have successfully installed the HS. But now after the launch of the Toleda audio command no boot and have message in v-mode - does printf work?
Edit
Finally everything turned out. The biggest difficulty is caused by the sound (alc892). After launching the audio Toledo 130 command, the front headphone jack did not work! After much suffering, I finally removed the realtekALC.kext, which is automatically installed from Toleda. As it turned out, I do not need it. Now everything works, I'll continue to test the system's performance

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD4600
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
10.13.5 Update.

All good.

Motherboard
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370 HD3
CPU
i7-8770
Graphics
GTX 970 + UHD 630
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
10.13.5 Update.

All good.
Please can you share your EFI folder?
I wanna try to install High Sierra.
Is there something that doesn't work?
Thank you so much, I'm still on Yosemite with this machine (but it's perfect, 4 years no problems) :)

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD4600
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
My EFI folder is shared some posts back.

iTunes crashed often, despite above tip.
Every startup or restart, the system reports 2 error messages, as if there have been a hard crash prior. (This is since Sierra and High Sierra)

Other than that, the system has no issues.

Motherboard
Z87X-OC F8
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD 6000
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
10.13.6 update is running solid for me. This is what I have and used along with its purpose. Im using my hackintosh as a NAS PC with automatic login so it boots up everything on its own without any user intervention. I use it to serve all my Plex content (20TB worth) to all my Plex clients, I don't have a TV provider anymore besides myself ;) as well as serving all of my backup PS3 games using PS3NETSRV-- via Launchctl to all of my jailbroken PS3's:

Z87x-OC board w F8 bios using profile 1 and same steps as OP for mobo
I7-4770K with its stock cooler
No video card since i'm using the onboard intel hd4600 with the automatic hdmi audio script & v3 efi mounter app
32gigs of ram 1866 (G.skill area series f3-1866C10D-16GAB)

10GbE via Solarflare dual SFP+ SFN5122 card using a simple dac cable directly to my Netgear X10 R9000 router that has a 10GbE port (Solarflare driver must be download from manufacture web site, the 10.9 version works on HS)
Highpoint Rocketraid 622 Dual Port eSATA 6Gb/s Pcie 1x RAID adapter. Required the 10.9.x rocketraid kext installed over the HS version for my eSATA enclosure (DAGE1040-PM) to work on HS. I only have 5/10 slots in use with (5) 5tb drives in a RAID 5 config.
Used system bios 5,1 NOT 14,1 otherwise the OS will crash using any network port. Have you stress tested your build using a test 4k video via safari (e.g. plex.tv)? I bet if you do you will crash your OS. I do a lot faster due to my 10GbE speeds.
Sleep/wake/WOL I don't care about since i'm using this as a always on server, I solved that awhile ago on this topic the fix would probably work with HS also post #627. Will update this post when tested.
Imessage cloud facetime etc I haven't tested but when I do I will update this post.

Plans? Well just got my m.2 in (Samsung evo 970 250gb) but i'm waiting for the PCE-e adapter. Once I pop that in and figure it out I will update this post since my old PNY SSD died i'm using just a old 500gb sata drive currently. I will likely get a better case and cooler, I will eventually upgrade the raid to more space (maybe 50tb) when drives drop in price. Upgrading the eSATA to a thunderbolt 3 (40gb) or better. The only current bottlenecks are the current sata drive used for the OS and the eSATA limitation for my raid. Outside of that i'm very happy. Thanks WW and Tonymacx86 for making this possible. This beast is solid!

Last edited: