Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time seeing 3 Intel High Definition Audio entries. Clean install is only option.

I did a clean install and ran MultiBeast 6.0.0 with the same settings as wildwillow. Still no sound and 3 Intel HDA entries are still there. :confused:

Audio in system profiler:
Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 3.59.52 PM.png

MultiBeast settings:
Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 3.24.51 PM.jpg

I did a clean install and ran MultiBeast 6.0.0 with the same settings as wildwillow. Still no sound and 3 Intel HDA entries are still there. :confused:

Did you reformat your Hard drive or just reinstall? Clean instal means. Partitioning/reformatting your hard drive so it is clearly a fresh install. No way you have those entries with a clean install and the MultiBest selections. toleda has posted to help. Lets not waste his time.

Did you reformat your Hard drive or just reinstall? Clean instal means. Partitioning/reformatting your hard drive so it is clearly a fresh install. No way you have those entries with a clean install and the MultiBest selections. toleda has posted to help. Lets not waste his time.

I ran Disk Utility and went through the process below, which is a fresh install, right?

b. Highlight your target hard drive for the Mavericks installation in left column.
c. Click Partition tab
d. Click Current and choose 1 Partition
e. Click Options...
f. Choose GUID Partition Method
g. Under Name: type Mavericks (You can rename it later)
h. Under Format: choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
i. Click Apply then Partition
j. Close Disk Utility

I will try it again right now, but I will select "erase" first in disk utility, although I have always assumed repartitioning it erased it.

Thanks everyone for being so responsive and apologies if I've missed something obvious.

I ran Disk Utility and went through the process below, which is a fresh install, right?

I will try it again right now, but I will select "erase" first in disk utility, although I have always assumed repartitioning it erased it.

Thanks everyone for being so responsive and apologies if I've missed something obvious.
[/B]

It's no problem. No need for apologies, thats what the forum is all about, documenting issues. Then people can learn from them. When it comes to audio there is no one better than toleda. So its good to get the correct information before you have to run these processes again. If I couldn't help I would have pointed you to the correct solution thread.

First time seeing 3 Intel High Definition Audio entries. Clean install is only option.

I did another clean install. Before running MultiBeast, my audio shows one entry, an Intel HDA:

Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 4.57.38 PM.png

I decided to run MultiBeast with DSDT Free and the ALC892 Driver without DSDT (and the HDAEnabler), keeping it simple:

Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 4.59.43 PM.png

After that, I get two Intel HDAs under audio and still no working sound:
Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 5.11.49 PM.png

I did another clean install. Before running MultiBeast, my audio shows one entry, an Intel HDA:

I decided to run MultiBeast with DSDT Free and the ALC892 Driver without DSDT (and the HDAEnabler), keeping it simple:

After that, I get two Intel HDAs under audio and still no working sound:

I am not understanding this, Happy to let toleda take control. Do you have any other audio controllers?

Out of curiosity, what do you have listed under audio in your system report?

I have HDMI audio devices as I enabled them via a SSDT and edits. Here is my screenshot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-08 at 01.31.43.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-08 at 01.31.43.png
    143.3 KB · Views: 149
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back