Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't, for the life of me, get the audio to work. I have the same MOBO and the same processor as OP, with a GTX570.

After running Multibeast, I see "Internal Speakers", 2 "Line Outs", and a "Digital Out" in my sound preferences. I hooked up an 1/8" jack to the green output on the MOBO, but nothing makes any sound. I tried deleting and reinstalling kexts and even did a fresh install of Mavericks, but nothing works.

I had sound working on this same computer running Mountain Lion.

I'm using the the Realtek ALC892 without DSDT, just like OP.

:crazy:

I can't, for the life of me, get the audio to work. I have the same MOBO and the same processor as OP, with a GTX570.

After running Multibeast, I see "Internal Speakers", 2 "Line Outs", and a "Digital Out" in my sound preferences. I hooked up an 1/8" jack to the green output on the MOBO, but nothing makes any sound. I tried deleting and reinstalling kexts and even did a fresh install of Mavericks, but nothing works.

I had sound working on this same computer running Mountain Lion.

I'm using the the Realtek ALC892 without DSDT, just like OP.

:crazy:
If your audio works with Mountain then you know that you don't have a Hardware issue. The only thing that I can think of is that you are enabling audio with the wrong MultiBeast and if you watch a something from YouTube then the progress bar will not move. Suggest you try the ALC892 without DSDT in MultiBeast - Mavericks 6.0.0

Not sure what you mean by that. Is that related to audio issues?

Yup, that's what I've been trying.

Thanks for the reply.

When you select Internal Speakers in System Preferences>Ouput and you are connected to the green port on the rear there still is no sound?

Open up the Sound System Preference pane and the Audio MIDI Setup app in /Applications/Utilities. Adjust the Sound pane to the first Line Out setting and adjust the sound level to see if you the "plop" sound from your speakers. If not, try the next Line Out choice. Once you find the right sound output, make sure the info in Audio MIDI Setup is lined up. :thumbup:

No sound from the green port on any output selection (internal speakers or either line output).

I tried the audio midi suggestion to no avail. Is it normal that I can only adjust channels 1 and 2 but not the master volume?

I set Audio Controller in the BIOS to "enable", but I could not find any other audio settings.

I also wonder if it's normal for the system profiler to show "Intel High Definition Audio" along with the built in audio (screenshot attached).

At this point, I have installed and reinstalled so many kexts to get this to work, I wonder if it's time for a fresh install. Although, that didn't work the last two times.

Thanks again for the ideas. I will keep trying...

Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 11.42.22 AM.png

No sound from the green port on any output selection (internal speakers or either line output).

I tried the audio midi suggestion to no avail. Is it normal that I can only adjust channels 1 and 2 but not the master volume?

I set Audio Controller in the BIOS to "enable", but I could not find any other audio settings.

I also wonder if it's normal for the system profiler to show "Intel High Definition Audio" along with the built in audio (screenshot attached).

At this point, I have installed and reinstalled so many kexts to get this to work, I wonder if it's time for a fresh install. Although, that didn't work the last two times.

Thanks again for the ideas. I will keep trying...

View attachment 73020

You have used a DSDT for HDMI Audio or SSDT from toleda's guide?

That's my next step. I was hoping that the audio jacks would just work, but so it goes.

Have you been trying to install Multiple Audio Drivers from MultiBeast to see if you can get it to work?

The only way I have seen HDMI audio show up in System Preferences/Audio without a DSDT or SSDT is if Voodoo has been installed. My suggestion to you would be to do clean install and Install only the Without DSDT ALC892 from MultiBeast. I guarantee that it works. I am listening to Music from the green output jack on the rear as I type this:thumbup:

My suggestion to you would be to do clean install and Install only the Without DSDT ALC892 from MultiBeast. I guarantee that it works. I am listening to Music from the green output jack on the rear as I type this:thumbup:

OK, I'll give it another go. I did start to install other drivers when sound didn't work after a clean install using ALC892 w/o DSDT from MultiBeast using your instructions. I will report back...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back