Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pro Tip: Drop DMAR and MATS tables in your clover boot options to get the upgrade to work. Then once installed, edit your config.plist or use clover configurator to permanently drop the 2 tables. High Sierra will not boot with these tables.

Mf3J7bX.jpg

:clap:

I don't dare quite just yet.
Am on Samsung SSD 840 PRO. On an earlier beta, APFS did not feel exactly smooth - the finder was laggy at times.

Torn between having the latest and newest including the bugs,
or a compromise on HPFS
or just wait a bit... :crazy:

:clap:

I don't dare quite just yet.
Am on Samsung SSD 840 PRO. On an earlier beta, APFS did not feel exactly smooth - the finder was laggy at times.

Torn between having the latest and newest including the bugs,
or a compromise on HPFS
or just wait a bit... :crazy:

I'm have the same SSD. I did the Update Directly to macOS High Sierra (HFS+) method and have no issues. I'm sure we will be able to convert to APFS at a later time.

@stevegut78
Thanks for the info and for pushing ahead.
That seems like a way to go for now.

I also need to drop MATS and DMAR tables via clover configurator, yes?
Is there anything else to keep in mind?

Last edited:
So I ended up in HS as well now.
Here is how not to do it:

Downloaded Installer
Updated Clover
Checked tables drop
Run the update command for HFS+ in the terminal and think "there surely will be another prompt to abort, I am just testing."

There was no prompt.

Scary 40 minutes later, back in system on HS.
o_O

Last edited:
Safari hangs on some video heavy sites.

This patch is still applied from Sierra where it was working in "Kernel and Kext Patches":
AppleIntelFramebufferAzul (10.11.6 и 10.12):
48 89 8B A8 00 00 00 -> 90 90 90 90 90 90 90

Would this need to be changed for HS?

Last edited:
I have the same configuration of your machine.
Can you post your EFI folder? Problem when installing high Sierra.
osxAptioFix2Drv:Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no hibernate wake: no
Error loading kernel cache (0xe)

osxAptioFix2Drv:Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no hibernate wake: no
Error loading kernel cache (0xe)
Try booting with -f UseKernelCache=No

This is off the current High Sierra topic, but I just wanted to ask you guys if sleep and shut down is working as they should in Sierra for you guys, or if it's just me. I had given up on this mobo about 6 months ago. Mainly because I couldn't, for the life of me, get it to shut down or sleep without turning off wake on network activity.

I had pretty much forgotten about these issues until a few days ago when I decided to build a new HTPC out of all the spare parts I had laying around. I have a fresh copy of Sierra installed and now all the sleep and shutdown issues are back. The shutdown thing isn't as big of a deal as the sleep issue since this machine will also be serving up my Plex library.

Just writing to see if its just too much hassle and I should just get myself a new mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back