Updated via app store
Installed audio driver, trim, FakeSMC using multibeast
Repaired permissions
Ran this on terminal: sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
Reboot

After reboot, everything seems to work except no ethernet
So I installed AppleIntelE1000e v2.4.1.4 using multibeast
Removed NetworkInterfaces.plist in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

After reboot, got ethernet back, but iMessage showing contact customer support message with a customer code
I checked all SMBIOS values are still the same. ROM and MLB are the same.
I got the contact customer message before in Mavericks, and I called them with my MacBook Pro SN and they removed the block. iMessage/FaceTime were working flawlessly ever since. In fact, the customer code I got this time in Yosemite is identical to the one I got in Mavericks before.. I am thinking I should just call them again...?
Any better suggestions?

I have the GA-Z87X-UD3H Motherboard.

Thanks!

Great to hear!

Definitely call them about iMessage. Even on Mavericks I've had to call them several times to fix the iMessage issue on their end.

Usually happens to me when I change out an iPad or iPhone on my account, but surely OS changes probably have the same impact.

They always start the phone call with a bunch of dumb serial number questions. I always just press on about how it's an iMessage issue and that I need to get right to tech support with my code (that iMessage gives you). Once at tech guy it gets solved quickly.

Thanks for the Yosemite report!

Same issue for me this morning - running Clover and 10.10 with a customer code issue.

Called them with my MacBook Pro serial number and it was fixed in no time - they only asked for it once (via an automated system). YMMV but painless for me, spent 10 mins in the queue waiting for an operator and 1 min on the phone getting it fixed.

Same issue for me this morning - running Clover and 10.10 with a customer code issue.

Called them with my MacBook Pro serial number and it was fixed in no time - they only asked for it once (via an automated system). YMMV but painless for me, spent 10 mins in the queue waiting for an operator and 1 min on the phone getting it fixed.

May I ask how you guys are doing the Yosemite install?

When I fire up the installer and it reboots - it starts to show progress for a minute and then gives the "circle with an X" through it.

That said, on my cloned SSD I'm testing this on, I haven't updated Clover - That the issue?

@TurbineSeaplane

I had the same issue here, but I used the boot flags

maxmem=4096 -x npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1

and it worked! Luckily it didn't need those after the install.

May I ask how you guys are doing the Yosemite install?

When I fire up the installer and it reboots - it starts to show progress for a minute and then gives the "circle with an X" through it.

That said, on my cloned SSD I'm testing this on, I haven't updated Clover - That the issue?

I had to do this:
Copy FakeSMC.kext to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10
Enable kext-dev-mode=1 (I think this allows the kernel to load kext from unidentified developers)
Then I just installed from app store.
When I restart, Clover shows another bootable "OS", which is just the installer, so just boot into that. And then after installation, it even added a new recovery partition for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back