Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Classic
Mobile Phone
Android
Agree with Pastrychef. Change the SN and UUID to match the Mac and it should be ok. Another or additional fix, is many, including myself, noticed that preview doesn't work if you don't have the Intel graphics active in bios settings. You can still use the external video card as your main display, but Apple appears to look for the Intel graphics on the MB to render jpegs and previews.

Motherboard
GA-P55A-UD4P
CPU
i7-860
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
OK, now I'm a bit confused about NVRAM. Does the terminal code still work to test if the MB has NVRAM? The thread was from 2016:

sudo nvram TestVar=HelloWorld

Reboot

sudo nvram -p | grep 'TestVar'

Other posts suggests it's BIOS dependent.

Or should I just rerun Multibeast and choose Bootloaders > UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM? As a reminder, I'm using a GIGABYTE Z390 GAMING X board. Thanks.

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-Z270XP-SLI
CPU
i5-7600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Classic
Mobile Phone
Android
Probably easiest method is to create a usb installer with the appropriate uefi and nvram options, then copy the folder structure to the ssd efi partition.

Motherboard
GA-P55A-UD4P
CPU
i7-860
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
So, I did the NVRAM test from terminal and it suggested my MB has no NVRAM. So I ran Multibeast and installed it. Logged in to iCloud and Messages seems to be working just fine. Fingers crossed...

Thanks to both of you for the help.