Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion & Mavericks

If you want to do a fresh install, check out my post here. Sleep works fine, no problems. I've attach my MultiBeast v6 configuration file in that post, too.

However, I can't get iMessages to work, but Message works with AOL & Jabber, and I still need to test Thunderbolt working with my Firewire, DVI and HDMI adapters.

Note: this fresh install is my test installation where I'm using it as an indication of what I can and can't expect when I install it over my Mountain Lion 10.8.5 build.
Good news! I got Mavericks installed with iMessage working. See my original post for information on how I did it.

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion & Mavericks

Hi Stork,

I've got a 3770k + UP5 TH and a Asus GTX 570.
The DVI and Thunderbolt are working and I would like to get the GTX 570's DVIs ports to work at the same time.
Is it possible ?
I can't manage to get them working at the same time, but they work well separately.

Can you give me some advices ?

Thanks a lot

Baptiste

I haven't tried that yet. Look at New Intel HD Graphics Boot Flags in Chimera for more information and a possible solution. :thumbup:

I gave a try to Mavericks too, yesterday evening. Just updated ML on my clone drive, then chose Intel Ethernet and ALC898 without DSDT in Multibeast 6. Everything seems to be working fine, but XBMC is crashing on startup. Known issue: there's a beta of soon to be released Frodo 12.3, but surround sound didn't work properly.
Other major issue for me: Pages 5 is just crapware: half of features have been removed.
So I'll stick with ML for now and good ol' Pages 4 forever, hoping that compatibility's not becoming an issue anytime soon.

As reported on a bunch of Apple blogs, Apple released the Mavericks versions of Pages, Numbers, etc., without some of the previous features. They have stated that they will be adding them back in a series of updates. There is one update that was released last week. So, be patient, there is probably a good software/programming reason for Apple's Mavericks implementation of good ole iLife and iWorks applications.

Disk Utility errors

Hi Stork,

When I run Disk Utility with the repair option on Mountain Lion a hundreds of errors reported as fixed for iTunes.app and Safari.app, but when I run Disk Utility again it will find and fix the same errors. Should I run DiskUtility from another uid? Below some of the lines.

Repairing permissions for “Mountain Lion”
Permissions differ on “Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Resources/Japanese.lproj/BookmarkTitleChange.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Resources/Japanese.lproj/BookmarkTitleChange.nib”

Warning: SUID file “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent” has been modified and will not be repaired.

Permissions repair complete

Nope, this is normal. My account is an admin account, and I always get these errors, even on my Macs.

Hey Stork, did the 10.9.1 update solve all the problems you were having with 10.9.0 and is it more stable now?

Hey Stork, did the 10.9.1 update solve all the problems you were having with 10.9.0 and is it more stable now?
Was I having any problems with 10.9.1? :think: I can't think of any problems I was having with 10.9.0. However, it's always a good idea if you're using a point zero software build to update when there is an update available.

That being said, Thunderball is one of my production systems. (Zorro is the other.) So, I won't transition over to Mavericks until 10.9.3 is released; this I've learned since OS X 10.0 Beta was released. However, I am running a clone of my 10.8.5 installation that I upgraded to Mavericks for test, and I have yet to find a problem with Mavericks or my apps. I have a dual monitor setup and love the Mavericks dual monitor capability.

Finally, for those of you who are going to update, remember to repair permissions, backup your installation disk, update, and finally repair permissions again. See this post for my step by step checklist to upgrade. :thumbup:

I've been looking into getting the wifi card that comes with the motherboard working. The bluetooth works oob. However the wifi part (AR9462) doesn't. So I was searching for a kext and I found a modified AirPortAtheros40.kext for it. Unfortunately, it's an older kext and doesn't work with my mavericks install. I think it's a mountain lion kext. Would anyone want to see if it works with mountain lion? I believe it'd replace the AirPortAtheros40.kext in the plugins folder of IO80211Family.kext

Here's the post with it: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/5852-ar9462/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back