Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion

When can we expect the update on your build description, Stork?

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion

When can we expect the update on your build description, Stork?
If you want to do a fresh install, check out my post here. Sleep works fine, no problems. I've attach my MultiBeast v6 configuration file in that post, too.

However, I can't get iMessages to work, but Message works with AOL & Jabber, and I still need to test Thunderbolt working with my Firewire, DVI and HDMI adapters.

Note: this fresh install is my test installation where I'm using it as an indication of what I can and can't expect when I install it over my Mountain Lion 10.8.5 build.

If you want to do a fresh install, check out my post here. Sleep works fine, no problems. I've attach my MultiBeast v6 configuration file in that post, too.

However, I can't get iMessages to work, but Message works with AOL & Jabber, and I still need to test Thunderbolt working with my Firewire, DVI and HDMI adapters.

Note: this fresh install is my test installation where I'm using it as an indication of what I can and can't expect when I install it over my Mountain Lion 10.8.5 build.

Stork,

Use the attach FileNVRAM for iMessages, it's one step older, the new one didn't work for me either.

Attachments

• FileNVRAM.dylib.zip
    38.2 KB · Views: 88

Stork,

Use the attach FileNVRAM for iMessages, it's one step older, the new one didn't work for me either.

I'm using FileNVRAM v1.1.2.

Has anyone gotten Airplay to work with Mavericks with this motherboard? So far its the only real challenge i am having... I can live without it... but was just curious if anyone else had it working.

BTW Stork: your other post was as awesome guide for the upgrade... smoothest upgrade i've done on my hack :)

Has anyone gotten Airplay to work with Mavericks with this motherboard? So far its the only real challenge i am having... I can live without it... but was just curious if anyone else had it working.
Yes, if you mean just AirPlay with a compatible device. I use AirPlay with my Apple Airport Express connected to my A/V receiver. Now, if you mean AirPlay Mirroring with an Apple TV, no, I haven't test this capability because I don't have an Apple TV.

dacmcbibs said:
BTW Stork: your other post was as awesome guide for the upgrade... smoothest upgrade i've done on my hack :)
Thank you. I'm glad it was of help to you. :thumbup:

MultiBeast for Mavericks has been bumped to v6.01 which updates: http://www.tonymacx86.com/announcements/115608-multibeast-6-0-1-update.html

Visible Changes:
  • Downgraded AppleIntelE1000e to v2.4.14

Known Issues:
When using the UserDSDT Quick Start option, you cannot use /Extra/DSDT.aml on the destination volume as the DSDT file. If you do MultiBeast will fail to build correctly. This will be fixed in a future release.

So, update your Intel Ethernet kext/driver. :thumbup:

Now, if you mean AirPlay Mirroring with an Apple TV

Mirroring is what i was referring to... not something i need, i just like to know where the limits are ;) Every time i try video completely freaks out and i have to reboot. Was curious if anyone else has seen similar.

Mirroring is what i was referring to... not something i need, i just like to know where the limits are ;) Every time i try video completely freaks out and i have to reboot. Was curious if anyone else has seen similar.
tonymacx86 has the same motherboard and an Apple TV (current generation), and he reports AirPlay Mirroring works. However, I do have a problem with iTunes DRM trailers, but that's a problem with Ivy Bridge and Haswell systems; something with DRM is the problem, IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back