Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion

Stork, thank you for your great tutorial.
I copied your BIOS and Multibeast settings and I have everything working ... with the exception of sleep. When the hack goes to sleep (either via energy save or via menu) it immediately unsleeps, then sleep, unsleeps, etc. until I press a button (to wake permanently).
I am using the MacPro3,1 definitions, F11 BIOS, no darkwake, no wake-on-lan, i7-3770, no peripherals other than mouse & keyboard .... oh, and 2 ATI 7950s with a monitor each via DVI (yes, this is my performance rig).
pmset assertions shows nothing that would prevent sleep.

Any ideas?

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion

Unfortunately, no luck with getting a good wake-up from sleep although tonymacx86 has this motherboard and can perform sleep/wake-up w/o problems.

I can sleep and wake up Thunderball, however, upon wake-up, my BT TrackPad & wireless keyboard "work" but the TackPad acts like a dumb, old fashion one button mouse. Might Mouse doesn't work at all. Rebooting the system corrects the BT problem. For now, I'm blaming this on the fact that my system is connected to a KVM switch on which the Targus BT USB dongle is connected.

I've tried a number of different things to make sleep/wake-up work. DSDTs, SSDTs and different System Definitions. Nothing works completely. So, I've given up for now.

I'm hoping that Mavericks cures this BT wake-up problem. The good news is that we won't have long to wait as Mavericks should be available by the end of the month.

Was planning to upgrade my Z77-DS3H to the UP5-TH but it seems to be discontinued :(. Any other high end 1155 board suggestions that would work well with a hack?

Unfortunately, no luck with getting a good wake-up from sleep although tonymacx86 has this motherboard and can perform sleep/wake-up w/o problems.

I can sleep and wake up Thunderball, however, upon wake-up, my BT TrackPad & wireless keyboard "work" but the TackPad acts like a dumb, old fashion one button mouse. Might Mouse doesn't work at all. Rebooting the system corrects the BT problem. For now, I'm blaming this on the fact that my system is connected to a KVM switch on which the Targus BT USB dongle is connected.

I've tried a number of different things to make sleep/wake-up work. DSDTs, SSDTs and different System Definitions. Nothing works completely. So, I've given up for now.

I'm hoping that Mavericks cures this BT wake-up problem. The good news is that we won't have long to wait as Mavericks should be available by the end of the month.

I've had this problem since the 2nd last update. Once the computer goes to sleep and I wake it up the BT mouse acts weird where a left click acts like a right click. I've fixed this before by clicking all over the place (menus, icons, header etc) but haven't come up with an exact procedure to fix it. So it's not the am KVM switch, stork

Hey Stork, do you mind updating the 1st post on how to completely build your Thunderbolt build on how to install OS X 10.8.5 from scratch along with all the updated Multibeast configuration? TQVM.

bughyz,
Just checked the build description post, and everything is still relevant for 10.8.5. Make sure you're using BIOS vF11 - don't use the F12 Beta version. MultiBeast v5.5.3 should look about the same with the same options. We've tried to make it as easy possible. :thumbup:

I've experimented with other System Definitions, making my own DSDT and SSDT, but I've always returned to the standard MultiBeast configuration setup that I originally started with because it just works for me. Several folks in this thread like to "optimize" but that has always brought new issues to the forefront. I just want to use my computer, not make it a hobby.

dmeadows013,
I don't blame you for wanting to replace the Z77-DS3H with another motherboard. I don't know how many of the Ivy Bridge motherboards are left on the market. I recommend you look at the Buyer's Guide for August 2013 and pick one of the other recommended motherboards.

Attachments

• 130814071919 - copie.jpg
    130814071919 - copie.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 169

Who's going to take the first plunge on 10.9? Quick! Someone assure me that Thunderbolt works and maybe I'll follow. :)

It works fine, but no hot swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back