Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion

hi,

what BIOS I take for an Apple TH Cinema Display on HD4000, i have yet to make something

thank you

Vanles

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion

This is for non "K" processors.

digitalsyrup, please update your Profile with the model number of your i7.

thanks for responding, Stork! I just updated my my profile with the processor model (it's a 3770K). I can also say that I'm aware of the hot swap issue with Thunderbolt and I've tried every every different combination of rebooting and powering on and off the drives. I'd also like to hear if anyone has successfully used a Thunderbolt hard drive w/ this mobo/build. I'm an editor I built this latest system to handle Thunderbolt drives for a feature I'm cutting and just hoping I don't have to resort to going with an overly priced iMac I can't really afford... just to get access to Thunderbolt drives. Any suggestions or ideas would be much appreciated!

thanks for responding, Stork! I just updated my my profile with the processor model (it's a 3770K). I can also say that I'm aware of the hot swap issue with Thunderbolt and I've tried every every different combination of rebooting and powering on and off the drives. I'd also like to hear if anyone has successfully used a Thunderbolt hard drive w/ this mobo/build. I'm an editor I built this latest system to handle Thunderbolt drives for a feature I'm cutting and just hoping I don't have to resort to going with an overly priced iMac I can't really afford... just to get access to Thunderbolt drives. Any suggestions or ideas would be much appreciated!

@ STORK for the sound did you try a USB / audio adapter 3.5 mm?

I do not think there is a lot of people who are hard Thunderbolt that its very expensive ......
is that the hard drive works under Windows?

you can test the beta bios 12j to see there is a lot of change within
http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios.html

I've used a Thunderbolt to Firewire 800 adapter to test the Thunderbolt capability in OS X with a FW800 external hard drive shortly after I build the system. It worked fine. Unfortunately, that's all I tested - Thunderbolt to either FW or DVI adapter.

I also tried a USB audio adapter with good results. But, I would randomly get a speak pop. So, I gave up. Optimization is sometime over rated. :lol:

problem resolution standby with USB 3.0 enabled

installing the bios BETA F12j allowing disabled the USB ports one by one on the motherboard I overview the USB number 3 port was the problem that wont standby

by disabling it also helped make all ports usb bootable allor before that only had USB 2.0 ports with a bootable USB key

the usb port number 3 is the one at the bottom left to the DVI port

must set the mode to ENABLE xHCI, not SMART AUTO or AUTO

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios.html

everything works perfectly now, after three months to find the problem :D:D

What other bios settings have you set manually? I just tried this process and still had a USB3 disconnect. I think you're on to something - but the console logs suggested that it is not entirely resolved yet. The logs still report the following error -
"IOUSBFamily did not receive enough extra current for the SuperSpeed device (4-Port USB 3.0 Hub) at 0x14b00000, asked for 400mA but got 0 mA".

Turns out port 3 causes the 0x14c00000 error, and port 2 causes the 0x14b00000 error. When I disable both in the bios it seems to fix the disconnects - but all of the external USB3 ports on the motherboard then function as USB2 ports.

After setting up the system (see post # 182 on build 85100) it works OK when I boot after power disconnect.
Sleep also works OK most of the times, however:
Sometimes when the system wakes up after sleep, Facetime camera and Audio don't work.
If this happens rebooting does not solve the problem, only a boot after power disconnect.

I have made console logs from the good and the bad situation and tried to analyse it.
There are differences, but I cannot find the reason for Facetime camera and Audio not working.
Hope somebody can give me hints to help resolve this issue.

Attachments

• Force sleep Bad 20130727.txt
    14.2 KB · Views: 346
  • Force sleep OK 20130727.txt
    12.3 KB · Views: 367

What other bios settings have you set manually? I just tried this process and still had a USB3 disconnect. I think you're on to something - but the console logs suggested that it is not entirely resolved yet. The logs still report the following error -
"IOUSBFamily did not receive enough extra current for the SuperSpeed device (4-Port USB 3.0 Hub) at 0x14b00000, asked for 400mA but got 0 mA".

Turns out port 3 causes the 0x14c00000 error, and port 2 causes the 0x14b00000 error. When I disable both in the bios it seems to fix the disconnects - but all of the external USB3 ports on the motherboard then function as USB2 ports.
actually I checked and was plugged my hard drive usb 3.0

all external USB 3.0 ports work USB 2.0 (that's why my standby works .....)

only VIA USB port Internal 3.0
works with USB 3.0

the external ports are intel USB 3.0 processor, it must be a bug with the USB ports and the intel i7 3770 and it comes from the bios, I know

Sleep also works OK most of the times, however:
Sometimes when the system wakes up after sleep, Facetime camera and Audio don't work.
If this happens rebooting does not solve the problem, only a boot after power disconnect.

Seems I am the opposite, I can only get it to work from a restart. I found that if I boot from a cold start (power up) the USB/camera/Audio do not work on my 27" Apple TB display. I have to restart for it to work. Once restarted I have USB/camera/audio from the Apple TB display via the TB connector. However once it goes to sleep and I wake up the Hack I lose all three things, but the firewire port still works. I have not tested the ethernet port on the monitor. i don' think this will be fixed till TB becomes more widely used.

Is there a way to make my UP5-Th go to sleep on it's own. I can put it to sleep manually & wake successfully but it would be great if it could do it on it's own per the energy settings in the Sysy prefs. I think the only thing I installed from MB was the Power Management Hibernate mode for desktops.

Currently the monitors are the only things that sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back