Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Yosemite

You also need to check FakeSMC PLUGIN in Multibeast to display hardware monitoring.

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Yosemite

You also need to check FakeSMC PLUGIN in Multibeast to display hardware monitoring.

Yes I was aware of that.

I'm just not sure if it's meant to be installed on the main drive or the extras folder in the EFI partition. Maybe that's the issue.

Yes I was aware of that.

I'm just not sure if it's meant to be installed on the main drive or the extras folder in the EFI partition. Maybe that's the issue.
Are you using Chimera/MultiBeast or Clover. If the former, MultiBeast installs it.

Chimera ... just did a reinstall for the third time, all the FakeSMC components, working now. Don't understand why this time it worked.

Now to sort out the Thunderbolt issue.

Thanks for telling me to update the bios, Stork. I finally did it last night, after several days of sound stuttering and constant reboots for various issues driving me crazy, and boy that works! Except for my memory, which doesn't support its xmp profile anymore. But sleep/wake work and sound issues seems gone. I cross my fingers, cause it's a bit early to be sure. But I sure was one click away from buying a usb dac yesterday, before I remembered your advice. It's funny since I kept looking for a non-beta F12 Bios on Gigabyte's website for months, and they must've published soon after I gave up.

Good to hear that your sound is working correctly! :thumbup:

But, it's really strange to hear that your memory is not compatible with the Gigabyte BIOS X.M.P. Is your memory make & model # on the Z77X-UP5 TH's Memory Support List? While having memory on the support list is not so critical for Ivy Bridge, we did find this was absolutely necessary for Haswell systems due to Haswell's tighter specifications. So, who knows...but check your memory against the Memory Support List.

No, Avexir Core Series 2400 MHz are not. They were fine with ML and still are with Windows 8, except that I've never been able to overclock. The first owner of the motherboard had the same with no problem, but I guess i didn't have any luck.
I should sell them, but they're kind of hard to reach under a massive heatsink (a Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 2) and my computer is powerful enough for my needs, so I think i'll stick with them until I change the motherboard itself.

No, Avexir Core Series 2400 MHz are not. They were fine with ML and still are with Windows 8, except that I've never been able to overclock. The first owner of the motherboard had the same with no problem, but I guess i didn't have any luck.
I should sell them, but they're kind of hard to reach under a massive heatsink (a Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 2) and my computer is powerful enough for my needs, so I think i'll stick with them until I change the motherboard itself.
I think that you and I think the same..."if it ain't broke, don't fix it." :lol: Well, unless you're doing some demanding computations, I don't think you'll notice the difference.

Good Luck! ...and have fun with your ThunderBall. :thumbup:

I think that you and I think the same..."if it ain't broke, don't fix it." :lol:

My favorite English saying! That's why I stuck with Mountain Lion til two weeks ago. I just worked, except for a few freezes. Two years and a half without pulling my hair off. :D
That said, sporadic stuttering seems to be back on Yosemite, and iTunes just stopped for no reason, as I'm writing this. I'm gonna try this Clover thing on my clone, or directly buy a usb amp/dac, cause i've already lost too much time with this crap.

PS: And mine is called Lilith, since it's in a fancy LI(an) Li V1020B case. :)

Ive come across something interesting. As my main interest is audio the audio loss after sleep was an issue. As such, even since Mevericks I always reverted to the 6.2.2 audio drivers as they didn't fail after sleep. I recently reverted back to those drivers in the Yosemite install.

What I have now, and the same in Mavericks past, is that I have system freezes. Further, these freezes will include video freezing and networking which will also lock up the router both wireless and wired connections. Essentially, everything stops. Turn off off the frozen hackintosh ... Back to everything running fine. It's almost like sleep, rather than causing just the audio issue, causes everything to freeze.

I'm too tired to revert back to the latest audio drivers to confirm tonight. I will tomorrow.

Anyone else experienced this same issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back