Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Yosemite

I also prepared a memory stick with Clover on it, but I only managed to get a kernel panic within a few seconds of booting. I should have made a capture…

Anyway, I think I'm gonna wait for El Capitan release, and give it a try, but if it doesn't work better for me, I'll probably change my damn motherboard, though the 9 series have very little interest over ours. I was hoping Apple might present a one-more-thing computer based on Skylake, for their keynote on the day after my birthday, but alas !

PS: You guys have vocabulary: after Stork's "concur", I just learned what "terse" means… Thanks for improving my American English skills, mainly based on TV shows and Youtube… :D (I'm French, BTW.)

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Yosemite

Stork
I was wondering if you planned to do a clover install with you thunderball build? I have a similar build and have yet to move to clover but would like to. I would be very interested in using notes from your clover install especially with 10.11 just coming out.
Please let me know if you plan to to use clover soon.

Thanks

Stay Tuned...I will be testing today. I'm not going to rush to publish a guide/procedure until I know it passes the "spousal test." (Spousal test means it's doable by anybody not familiar with the method.)

Stay Tuned...I will be testing today. I'm not going to rush to publish a guide/procedure until I know it passes the "spousal test." (Spousal test means it's doable by anybody not familiar with the method.)

Staying tuned!

El Capitan ... SUCCESS after initial heartache.

EDIT - Steep learning curves. I NOW finally understand the differences between UEFI boots and Legacy.

REMINDER - PUT USB INSTALL IN REAR USB PORTS ... Argghhhhhhh :thumbup:

I was attempting a El Capitan install on a spare SSD. It initially booted off the USB but I didn't follow through as I remembered that I hadn't partitioned / formatted the SSD from the original Win 7 install.

I now find myself unable to boot off / see any bootable USB whether a MBR or GUID partition. In the process of trying to get the El Capitan install USB to work I have loaded optimum UEFI setting etc ...

anyone have any ideas as to why? Have I missed a BIOS setting?

EDIT - Steep learning curves. I NOW finally understand the differences between UEFI boots and Legacy.

REMINDER - PUT USB INSTALL IN REAR USB PORTS ... Argghhhhhhh :thumbup:

I was attempting a El Capitan install on a spare SSD. It initially booted off the USB but I didn't follow through as I remembered that I hadn't partitioned / formatted the SSD from the original Win 7 install.

I now find myself unable to boot off / see any bootable USB whether a MBR or GUID partition. In the process of trying to get the El Capitan install USB to work I have loaded optimum UEFI setting etc ...

anyone have any ideas as to why? Have I missed a BIOS setting?

I was not able to boot from the newly created USB drive using the front USB ports. After reading your post, I will try the back. It was driving me nuts why it wouldn't boot from the USB drive on the front. I have used those ports all the time with chameleon. I guess UEFI prepared USB drives wont boot from the front ports. I will try this after work tonight.
Thanks.

Good news...I have completed a fresh installation of El Capitan using tonymacx86's Guide on a spare SSD. I used UniBeast 6 with UEFI build, the Post Installation pkgs. and toleda's CloverALC110 script. BTW, i used the USB2 port(s) in the stack with the eSATA port for the UniBeast Clover installer.

During installation, the installer asked if I wanted to use Migration Assistant which I did using my Mavericks SSD to transfer my apps and User folder (do not check Other Files). I can access the MAS using my WiFi connection, and I have access to iCloud. :thumbup:

I'll put a step by step procedure in my build description real soon now.

I have yet to test my USB and Thunderbolt ports and a few other things first including the default, Clover chosen System Definition (iMac12,2).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back