Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion

Yeah, I found it right now, the Targus ACB10US

No, the USB disc is ejected asap it mounted after plugging ...

nevertheless thanx for Your help !!

made to the corresponding one smbios not a real machine apple is not just cosmetic

the smbios is a recognition of the type of processor is some element system

some update for machine base ivy bridge will not do you proposed

for example in the update system

for me I use the bluetooth usb Jabra A320s BT Stereo USB Adaptor v2

it is plugged into a rear USB port 3.0 and it works fine
you should find on ebay

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion

Hello there,

I am pretty new to Hackintosh building but I use Mac at work and home.
I build my Hackintosh with the same parts as Stork in this Thread and it really work pretty good.
It run flawlessly for about a week and half and today I installed an Extension which allows my
audio capturing tool to capture system audio. Needed to restart and bäm! it showed me that I needed to restart the Computer.
Did so but nothing changed. I run Win7 on another Partition so started to go on discovery mode via Windows.
Found nothing really. I tried to boot from my Unibeast USB but it showed again to restart the Computer, so I decided to format the partition and install it fresh again. So put the graphics card GTX 650 TI out of the case and installed MAC OS again. It worked and I booted into the OS, run Multibeast and all the stuff and the put the graphics card back in. Same thing again. Graphics Card is working in Windows so it can't be broken I guess. Now I've got the Apple Logo and the loading circle turning forever.
I tried to boot in verbose mode and it shows me that it stops at mac_swapon SUCCESS

Any ideas on whats going on here?
Thank you for your help.

Greetings from Germany
Hafgandil

Hello there!
Whether it was succeeded to start an exit to earphones on the forward panel? Forgive for my English.

Hello there,

I am pretty new to Hackintosh building but I use Mac at work and home.
I build my Hackintosh with the same parts as Stork in this Thread and it really work pretty good.
It run flawlessly for about a week and half and today I installed an Extension which allows my
audio capturing tool to capture system audio. Needed to restart and bäm! it showed me that I needed to restart the Computer.
Did so but nothing changed. I run Win7 on another Partition so started to go on discovery mode via Windows.
Found nothing really. I tried to boot from my Unibeast USB but it showed again to restart the Computer, so I decided to format the partition and install it fresh again. So put the graphics card GTX 650 TI out of the case and installed MAC OS again. It worked and I booted into the OS, run Multibeast and all the stuff and the put the graphics card back in. Same thing again. Graphics Card is working in Windows so it can't be broken I guess. Now I've got the Apple Logo and the loading circle turning forever.
I tried to boot in verbose mode and it shows me that it stops at mac_swapon SUCCESS

Any ideas on whats going on here?
Thank you for your help.

Greetings from Germany
Hafgandil

did you remember to boot with "GraphicsEnabler=No" ?

Guten Tag!! Where in germany? I lived there for 11 years, Kitzingen, Mannheim and Wiesbaden.

did you remember to boot with "GraphicsEnabler=No" ?

Guten Tag!! Where in germany? I lived there for 11 years, Kitzingen, Mannheim and Wiesbaden.

Yes GraphicsEnabler is set to no. I managed to format the Mac Drive and to install ML again. Not quite cinished with the setup. Work is calling ^^ but I hope it will work when I reinsert the graphics card.

Hallo :) well actually I'm from Rhineland-Palatine, the south-west of it, but I now live in Saarbrücken, capitol of Saarland.

Stork -

Love your build!

You sent me an IM last night about my user build post. I can't reply to you or any admin due to forum software restrictions (haven't posted enough yet), but I've made the updates using the template. I can't change the post title or delete the photos. If you can, please just delete my thread as I have saved the vast majority of it and can re-recreate from scratch easily.

Thanks,

cslewis1

cslewis1, deleted the post. You should be able to respond to the tonymacx86 Forum staff even though you don't have at least 20 posts. I'll look into this problem.

Stork,

Thanks for sharing your build info. I just built up a new Hackintosh based on the GA-Z77X-UP5 TH. Build went fairly easy. Even incorporated neilhart's homemade Fusion Drive.

Everything works great!

Thanks!

bchallmd,
I'm glad to hear you're pleased with your system. :thumbup: We're lucky to have good, knowledgeable Forum members like neilhart who consistently contribute their knowledge to help others.

Wow, on my GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, it looks like the "Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire Adapter" is supposed to fit, but it doesn't. I haven't tried hammering it in, but to fit in the thunderbolt port. T Apple part number I bought is MD464ZM/A. I bought it from Amazon. Here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008RXYOKY/

What might be wrong?

Pandar

This is the 2nd time I've heard of someone getting a TB adapter & it not fitting in the TB port on this mobo (and it was purchased from Amazon). I find this just so incredibly odd. Thunderbolt is an IEEE standard, just like USB and Firewire. Shouldn't matter whose motherboard you use or whose adapter you buy - it should just fit.

Having said that, I wonder if Apple had a "bad batch" of adapters that were slightly off-spec and they off-loaded them cheaply to someone (who, in turn is using Amazon to fulfill orders)? I would recommend buying another one from either Apple, or an Apple Authorized Reseller like MacSales.com to make sure you are getting good stock of this product.

I hate to mention this, but I would be remiss if I didn't: The Thunderbolt connector is "keyed" - it only fits in a certain way...unlike the new Lightning adapter for iOS devices, which can be plugged in any which-way. Just double-check one last time that you're inserting it with the correct orientation.

PS: do you have a friend or family member who has a Thunderbolt-equipped Apple device (new iMac, MBP, or Mini)? I would be curious to see if it fits in one of those. Or if you have a retail outlet close by (Apple store, or someone like Best Buy or Fry's), just go into the store & try to connect to an Apple device. If it doesn't work in an Apple device, then you KNOW something is whack-a-doodle... :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back