radeon HD
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Please, can someone help me with this.

I normally laugh at people saying HELP in posts etc, but i really feel like that right now.

I just got finished doing a lot of work in adobe illustrator for school, and then noticed I had some updated I could install, so I updated a few things including Lion itself, and upon reboot, i got the screen where it just stops and tells you its having kernel/kext errors and says to restart. I got this before, but forget if it is a boot0 fix which I found, or otherwise. Basically, if there is a way to fix this and get back into things to access these files, it'd save my life, since this is some final work I just did, and now it's basically locked inside my hackintosh which wont boot for me. If anyone has any ideas which will either let me boot correctly or somehow access the hard drive's files and at least get them out of there, please let me know asap. Please reply, thanks

Files are readable if drive is attached or installed to another mack or hack.
If you are linux savvy a mac drive can be mounted in linux and read.
A drive formatted for pc can read mac files.

If you have a flash drive,do a fresh install to it and access files. (this is very slow)

Always have a second clean/stable install on another drive.
A separate partition would work but if drive fails ......
Carbon Copy Clone or Superduper are CPR for hack.

Never install updates until you see the cognescenti comment.
Do not pay attention to 'works great ' with no comments when updates come out.
Look at complaints....do not install update until dust settles.
Always use the manual download for updates.
Turn off automatic updates.

Keep files on separate partition...also use cloud storage somewhere.

okay, sounds to me like my best option could be the flash drive for fresh install to access files. You said this is very slow, however. I'm not sure what you mean by this, use my unibeast flash drive? sorry but for the sensitivity of this, if you could elaborate further on this option. I also have an empty partition i could install windows on, but i hadnt because i never found something that would let me choose which partition to boot, i believe i was going to get this program called easyBCD, which let you choose which to boot upon starting, and if nothing is chosen, it would boot the highest priority partition. anyway, so i have a windows option too, if that could let me access things, because I also have a real macbook that i could fix this problem, then get my files from my damaged drive, and wipe it clean. for now, what do you think my options are for either a flash drive boot and access, or windows access? thanks for replying to begin with by the way.

found a program called macdrive 9 pro. it installs on windows partition (which i installed from my windows 7 disc) and then loaded it. This program lets you access the mac partition on your drive and i got all of my files off of it (luckily) and will be wiping it clean, and never making this stupid mistake again. its a great program and its free to try so its perfect for an instance like this, thanks for your help.

It is good you found that program. I will remember that.

You misunderstood about flash drive.
I said use your installer to install OSX on a second flash drive.
You would then boot from new fresh copy of OSX on second flash drive. Cheap but slow.

With another mac available you could have just installed drive in an external enclosure.
Boot the other mac access the files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back