Contribute
Register

*UPDATED*[Guide] Gigabyte Z170 HD3P 10.11.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be able to make changes, updates and additions to the keep original guide up to date.

That is absolutely true, however, I wanted to keep the old guide as a separate post - for example move it to post #2 and then have the guide that works with the oatest versions of software on the top - people probably won't be using old software nowadays. Anyway - it's not important. I'll just move it to post #3 as I said for any references in the future.

Hey guys, I also have this Board in with an i5 6600. Working awesome. BUT: My Display is a 24 inch Samsung Monitor, but my Mackintosh says, it has 13.9 inches. Why?! I have these black "stripes" on the left and right of my display, so not the hole monitor is working. Any idea?
And also my Sound ist not Working. I have the F4 Bios installed and also tried VoodooHDA.kext and stuff like this, but also the ALC887 from Multibeast doesn't bring my sound...
Thanks!!

please help. I broke my install. Couldn't get certain things to work like NVidia Web Drivers--kept defaulting to OS X Native drivers. Also couldn't get LAN to work, despite mieze latest Realtek kext. Figured I'd update the BIOS (stupid) so went from f2 to f5, and now can't boot past PCI Configuration end/Apple USB Legacy root screen.

GA-Z170-HD3P
| i5 6600 | GTX 750 Ti

Attachments

• IMG_0096.JPG
    IMG_0096.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 154
How'd you get CPU stepping to work? I've the same motherboard with a Intel 6600K but turbo isn't working. Even after creating an SSDT with ssdtPRGen.

Anyone update to F5? I'm having issues with my Dynex PCIe firewire card (DX-PCI2PF), and Gigabyte support said to update the bios to F5, which I'm leery of.

Last edited:
How'd you get CPU stepping to work? I've the same motherboard with a Intel 6600K but turbo isn't working. Even after creating an SSDT with ssdtPRGen.
Sorry, I'm not knowledgable enough yet to know :/ Is there anywhere I can dump some info from my install to help you out?

Hmmm.... stepping worked out of the box for me with a clean i5-6500. I haven't even looked into it but when I have time I will and will re-post back.

Anyone update to F5? I'm having issues with my Dynex PCIe firewire card (DX-PCI2PF), and Gigabyte support said to update the bios to F5, which I'm leery of.
I did my install on BIOS version F5g (as stated in the OP). No problems so far.

NOTE:
I recently got a new SSD and did a fresh install on it. It went way smoother than I ever hoped so I will be rewriting the guide with new updated configs, kexts and SSDTs.

Please do! Would be very appreciated :) Also to tonelab77--I updated BIOS to f5 and managed to get to OS X with LAN working--still having trouble getting RAM to read as 2x8GB instead of the 2x4GB that are registering in system profiler. And NVidia card refuses to run off the web drivers--though I did the whole install off of it.

Last edited:
Hi there,

Does your front audio work?

Mine doesn't work at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back