Contribute
Register

*UPDATED*[Guide] Gigabyte Z170 HD3P 10.11.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello @littlegreen .
I have some problem with my MB: GB Z170-D3H (not so different)
I can install El Capitan but I can't get it boot without USB. If I'm trying to boot from SSD it goes to half bar and stop sign on middle. If I boot with USB no problem.

I get some freezes sometimes too.

Any tips ?

Thanks.

1. Boot from USB
2. Mount the EFI partition of the SSD
3. Mount the EFI partition of the USB
4. copy the /USB/EFI/ folder to /SSD/EFI
5. Reboot from SSD :)

Hint: If you don't know how to mount the EFI partition boot into OSX, open terminal and type
Code:
diskutil list
and then paste the results here. The USB has to be inserted when you type in the command.

1. Boot from USB
2. Mount the EFI partition of the SSD
3. Mount the EFI partition of the USB
4. copy the /USB/EFI/ folder to /SSD/EFI
5. Reboot from SSD :)

Hint: If you don't know how to mount the EFI partition boot into OSX, open terminal and type
Code:
diskutil list
and then paste the results here. The USB has to be inserted when you type in the command.

I can mount EFI with Clover Configuration. Right ?
Did you copy files from USB to SSD to make it working ?

I can mount EFI with Clover Configuration. Right ?
Did you copy files from USB to SSD to make it working ?

No. Don't use Clover Configurator - it will only mount one EFI partition and you need both.

Open terminal and type diskutil list

Then copy and paste the results here.

Hi there!

So does everything work now :)?
I am specifically interested in wake/sleep, sound and LAN.

So, I have tried to follow your guide (First-time hackintosher :) ). I set all the bios settings you suggested. I get the black apple screen with the loading bar. When it finishes, it only shows me the prohibited sign. Any suggestions?

I am using a m.2 ssd. Might that be the problem?

I have seen on many occasions that people her text messages on the boot process. How can I activate those for trouble shooting?

So, I have tried to follow your guide (First-time hackintosher :) ). I set all the bios settings you suggested. I get the black apple screen with the loading bar. When it finishes, it only shows me the stop sign. Any suggestions?

I am using a m.2 ssd. Might that be the problem?

Hi,

I haven't tried using m.2
As far as I remember there were some issues related to that. Please refer to the Skylake testing thread for more info. I will have a look later but since I don't own the hardware I cannot test and post results.

Please let me know if you find solution so I can update the OP.

Happy hacking!

Hi,

I haven't tried using m.2
As far as I remember there were some issues related to that. Please refer to the Skylake testing thread for more info. I will have a look later but since I don't own the hardware I cannot test and post results.

Please let me know if you find solution so I can update the OP.

Happy hacking!

Thanks! So I found out how to start in verbose mode. It apparently gets stuck at
Missing Bluetooth controller transport. Have everything disconnected. Any suggestions :think:?

Thanks! So I found out how to start in verbose mode. It apparently gets stuck at
Missing Bluetooth controller transport. Have everything disconnected. Any suggestions :think:?
I had the same issue. It had to do with USB. I wish I'd remember how I fixed it.

It appears to be proven to be a problem with the graphics driver.

Well, I deleted ALL kext's (except the USBINJECTALL) and tried several USB ports. When I use the one above the PS2-Port, it and when I use -v, the "Missing Bluetooth Controller"-message still shows up, but I get into the installer. It is installing right now. I will keep you posted :)!

So, I will keep this post updated.

Devices:
- Intel Core I5 6600k
- Gigabyte Z170 HD3P
- Samsung SSD 850 EVO m.2
- Some 16GB G.Skill DDR4 ram

Done:
- Mac OSX 10.11.4 install: check
- Sound: check
- USB3 ports: see below

To do:
- USB Ports are all recognized and work with my keyboard and mouse, but only one USB 2.0 port works with my USB 3.0 device. Suggestions?

Edit: Found the solution. Needed SSDT-USB placed in ACPI/patched/ and an updated config.plst:
Code:
    <key>Boot</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Arguments</key>
        <string>dart=0 nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1 uia_exclude=HS01;HS02;HS05;HS07;HS08;HS10;SS01;SS02;SS05;SS06;SS07;SS08;SS10</string>

- Check ethernet functionality (tomorrow)

Doesn't work at all:

USB 3.1 port :(

Thanks for the help so far :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back