Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z87-HD3
CPU
I7-4770 @3.40 GHz
Graphics
MSI GeForce GTX 1050ti
Hello everyone,

Just decided to update my OS from sierra to High Sierra cause i changed graphic card and I couldn't make the new one work on Sierra anymore (got an MSI Geforce Gtx 1050ti and had 10.12.3) but after installing high sierra (10.13.6) on my boot SSD and rebooting, macos is stuck at the apple logo at 80% for ever...

Also have two new possibilities from clover:
"Boot FileVault PreBooter from Preboot"
"Boot install pre boot from prebooter"
None of them works though

New graphic card is MSI Geforce Gtx 1050ti

I know there was other subject about the same issue but i couldn't find what's wrong, here's my config.plist attached

Any help would be so much appreciated, Thank you so much!

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 54
Here is a verbose mode pic

Attachments

• IMG_2514.jpg
    IMG_2514.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 46
Hello everyone,

Just decided to update my OS from sierra to High Sierra cause i changed graphic card and I couldn't make the new one work on Sierra anymore (got an MSI Geforce Gtx 1050ti and had 10.12.3) but after installing high sierra (10.13.6) on my boot SSD and rebooting, macos is stuck at the apple logo at 80% for ever...

Also have two new possibilities from clover:
"Boot FileVault PreBooter from Preboot"
"Boot install pre boot from prebooter"
None of them works though

New graphic card is MSI Geforce Gtx 1050ti

I know there was other subject about the same issue but i couldn't find what's wrong, here's my config.plist attached

Any help would be so much appreciated, Thank you so much!

Hi there.

First thing you will need to do is check what version of High Sierra you installed. Ideally you need the build number so you can match the appropriate Nvidia Web-Drivers to it. See this list. The build number changes for each Security Update to 10.13.6, so you need the correct one.

The verbose error screen shows that it is indeed the GPU causing a problem.

If you have an otherwise running macOS system you can try to temporarily disable the 1050 by using the boot command-line "nv_disable=1" You can access this by pressing the Spacebar when you are at the main Clover menu. This will hopefully give you non-accelerated graphics that will be jerky and generally poor, but hopefully enough to let you work on the problem. Once in you can add the latest Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts.

The two Preboot messages are not generally used to boot the PC. You can hide them using a command in your config.pist.

:)

Hi there,

Thanks for your quick reply! High Sierra version is 17G66 unfortuntaly wasn't able to install those drivers yet and they doesnt seem to be on the list

Tried to boot with the boot command line "nv_disable=1" but it still stuck at 60% apple logo. I don't have access to another mac as I updated straight from my old sierra

But i have access to my windows partition on another hard drive where i can open and edit what's inside the EFI partition. I'm a beginner, a friend built this hack a while ago and i updated on my own unfortunately, how can I add the latest Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts?

Here is what's inside my EFI too

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_2516.jpg
    IMG_2516.jpg
    8.4 MB · Views: 33
sorry i made mistake, should we move it to "High Sierra Desktop Support"

Hi there.

First thing you will need to do is check what version of High Sierra you installed. Ideally you need the build number so you can match the appropriate Nvidia Web-Drivers to it. See this list. The build number changes for each Security Update to 10.13.6, so you need the correct one.

The verbose error screen shows that it is indeed the GPU causing a problem.

If you have an otherwise running macOS system you can try to temporarily disable the 1050 by using the boot command-line "nv_disable=1" You can access this by pressing the Spacebar when you are at the main Clover menu. This will hopefully give you non-accelerated graphics that will be jerky and generally poor, but hopefully enough to let you work on the problem. Once in you can add the latest Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts.

The two Preboot messages are not generally used to boot the PC. You can hide them using a command in your config.pist.

:)
I tried installing Lilu & Whatevergreen kexts but still stuck at 80%, verbose still say the "warning this is an unknown cpu model 0x3c"
Is it more a CPU recognition problem?

Thanks!

I tried installing Lilu & Whatevergreen kexts but still stuck at 80%, verbose still say the "warning this is an unknown cpu model 0x3c"
Is it more a CPU recognition problem?

Thanks!

Hi there.

No, it shouldn't be, if it is the i7 you have in your profile.

Here is a link to the method for updating the Nvidia Web-Drivers for 17G66. However ...

I'm guessing that as this machine came from someone else, they didn't give you a USB UniBeast installer as a rescue drive?

You need to boot something to install any drivers.

You could try removing the GTX1050 and connecting your monitor to the motherboard instead. You would have to change BIOS graphics priority. This means you will be using the built-in iGPU which is an Intel HD 4600. The results may not be brilliant but all you need is to be able to boot your PC so you can hopefully run the Nvidia Web-Drivers or install the Lilu/Whatevergreen pair of kexts.

(There is an alternative way to boot a PC by "ignoring" the GPU but you need to install the Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts before the extra boot-command "-wegnoegpu" will work).

Last edited:
Hello,

I removed the GTX, connected the monitor on the motherboard, booted! Then installed the nvidia webdriver with the terminal code technic, rebooted with the graphic card in and it's working now thank you!

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back