Contribute
Register

updated Clover no boot option. Desperate need of help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The CUDA-Z numbers look fine to me, other than where is says integrated GPU - No on the second screenshot. It may just be commenting on the fact your Nvidia GPU is not integrated.

Bluetooth:
  1. The Built-in connector on your motherboard, do you know if it is a CNVI/CNVW port? These connectors can be problematic in macOS, so much so that you may need to disable it using a custom SSDT. You may need to look in your IOReg to see if this is a CNVI connector.
  2. Do you know which USB port is used by this connector?
  3. Has this port been activated in your system's SSDT-UIAC.aml?
  4. You may need to use a Bluetooth injector and/or one of the alternative BrcmPatchRam kexts, depending on which version of macOS you are using.
Currently you are using these two kexts:
  • BrcmFirmwareData.kext, (this is correct for Bootloader injection)
  • BrcmPatchRAM.kext, (this is correct if you are running macOS 10.10 or earlier)
You need to be injecting one of these two kexts in place of BrcmPatchRAM.kext if running anything newer than Yosemite.
  • BrcmPatchRAM2.kext: for 10.11 - 10.14.
  • BrcmPatchRAM3.kext: for 10.15 or later.
If you are running Catalina or newer/later then you may also need to use this kext.
  • BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
The BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext should only be used with the BrcmPatchRAM3.kext.

The CUDA-Z numbers look fine to me, other than where is says integrated GPU - No on the second screenshot. It may just be commenting on the fact your Nvidia GPU is not integrated.

Bluetooth:
  1. The Built-in connector on your motherboard, do you know if it is a CNVI/CNVW port? These connectors can be problematic in macOS, so much so that you may need to disable it using a custom SSDT. You may need to look in your IOReg to see if this is a CNVI connector.
  2. Do you know which USB port is used by this connector?
  3. Has this port been activated in your system's SSDT-UIAC.aml?
  4. You may need to use a Bluetooth injector and/or one of the alternative BrcmPatchRam kexts, depending on which version of macOS you are using.
Currently you are using these two kexts:
  • BrcmFirmwareData.kext, (this is correct for Bootloader injection)
  • BrcmPatchRAM.kext, (this is correct if you are running macOS 10.10 or earlier)
You need to be injecting one of these two kexts in place of BrcmPatchRAM.kext if running anything newer than Yosemite.
  • BrcmPatchRAM2.kext: for 10.11 - 10.14.
  • BrcmPatchRAM3.kext: for 10.15 or later.
If you are running Catalina or newer/later then you may also need to use this kext.
  • BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
The BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext should only be used with the BrcmPatchRAM3.kext.
Thanks for your reply. As I said before I can live without bluetooth for now i´m fine with that. I feel like there is not much more in my head that I can try to get the CUDA to work in my editing software. It feels like it more likely is a software issue or that I need to upgrade my GPU (and it´s not ideal time to buy a new gpu now...) Do you guys have any more advice that I can try to get CUDA to work in my editing software or do we need to call this dead end!?
regards Olle

Assumptions:
  1. You have the correct version of the NVIDIA Web Drivers installed to match the version of macOS El Capitan you are running - https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/. I say this because there are 14 different versions of the Nvidia drivers for El Capitan 10.11.6
  2. You have the CUDA drivers installed with support for El Capitan - https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/drivers/cuda/macosx-cuda-8-0-90-driver-uk/. I say this as the 'Latest' CUDA drivers are set for High Sierra only. Version 8 of the CUDA drivers support El Capitan and Sierra. Version 9 CUDA drivers only support High Sierra.
Question:
  1. What Software are you trying to use that is being problematic with CUDA on your El Capitan system?

Assumptions:
  1. You have the correct version of the NVIDIA Web Drivers installed to match the version of macOS El Capitan you are running - https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/. I say this because there are 14 different versions of the Nvidia drivers for El Capitan 10.11.6
  2. You have the CUDA drivers installed with support for El Capitan - https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/drivers/cuda/macosx-cuda-8-0-90-driver-uk/. I say this as the 'Latest' CUDA drivers are set for High Sierra only. Version 8 of the CUDA drivers support El Capitan and Sierra. Version 9 CUDA drivers only support High Sierra.
Question:
  1. What Software are you trying to use that is being problematic with CUDA on your El Capitan system?
I have 10.11.6 (15G31) and NVIDIA Web Drivers version 346.03.15f02 which seems to match. For the CUDA driver I have 8.0.90 drivers which also seems to match.

The software I want to have CUDA support in is Davinci Resolve 15 (version 15.3.1.003) by Blackmagic Design

Any suggestions?

The Nvidia drivers you are using and the version of El Capitan you are running are not the latest. You might be better served updating El Capitan to the latest (final) version. OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan (15G22010) is 13 versions newer compared to your current version (15G31). There are different NVIDIA drivers for each of these 13 versions, that are also newer than the ones you are using.

It could also be that your GTX 960 is just not powerful enough to work with the type and size of files you are editing. As it only has 2GB of VRAM, the GTX 960 is not a recommended GPU for DaVinci Resolve. The GeForce recommended GPU's are GTX 1080 Ti and GTX 1080, both of which have way more processing power and VRAM than your GTX 960. The fact is the 2GB of VRAM may be used up really quickly if you are working on UHD or 4K files and that might be why you are seeing these issues.

BlackMagic recommend you use a GPU with a minimum of 4GB but preferably 8GB or greater, depending on the size and type of files you are editing.

Here is a link to the BlackMagic DaVinci Resolve 15 configuration guide, you may want to have a read - https://documents.blackmagicdesign.com/ConfigGuides/DaVinci_Resolve_15_Mac_Configuration_Guide.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back