Contribute
Register

updated Clover no boot option. Desperate need of help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Error loading kernel cache (0x9) boot with -f UseKernelCache=No.

You could try the boot argument slide=0.
It might help to use a different memory fix driver.

Could be I used the wrong OsxAptio driver in the folder I provided.

Try this one, it uses the FwRuntimeServices.efi and quirks.efi driver and has a number of quirks enabled in the config.plist. This replaces the OsxAptioFixDrv.efi driver.

Attachments

• CLOVERv3.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 34
Could be I used the wrong OsxAptio driver in the folder I provided.

Try this one, it uses the FwRuntimeServices.efi and quirks.efi driver and has a number of quirks enabled in the config.plist. This replaces the OsxAptioFixDrv.efi driver.
update. I treid using uour CLOVERv3 and every thing seems to be working except bluetooth but I can live with that. NVIDIA Web Driver also seems to be working after restart which was the reason I started to do changes to my system in the first place. Unfortunately I still have no support for CUDA in my editing software (Davinci Resolve 15)
So my last question would be. Since I still boot from the USB with your CLOVERv3 might that be a reason CUDA in my editing software (Davinci Resolve 15) don´t work? do you think it might work if I boot CLOVERv3 direct from the machine?
thanks a lot for the helps so far I really apprecieate it.

Did you install the Nvidia CUDA drivers ?

Yes. My system tells me that I have have the most up to date NVIDIA Web Driver and CUDA Driver. I thought that fixing the "NVIDIA Web Driver after restart issue" ( https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/#Problem6 ) could solve the issue but now when NVIDIA Web Driver works after restart I have no idea why I have no CUDA support in my editing software (Davinci Resolve 15).

Have you tried CUDA-Z ?

It may help to determine if the problem is the drivers or the software.

Have you tried CUDA-Z ?

It may help to determine if the problem is the drivers or the software.
I have now installed CUDA-Z. Here is the numbers: I´m not experienced enough to see if the numbers are fine or not!?

Screen Shot 2021-05-02 at 17.40.44.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-02 at 17.40.57.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-02 at 17.41.12.png

update. I treid using uour CLOVERv3 and every thing seems to be working except bluetooth but I can live with that. NVIDIA Web Driver also seems to be working after restart which was the reason I started to do changes to my system in the first place. Unfortunately I still have no support for CUDA in my editing software (Davinci Resolve 15)
So my last question would be. Since I still boot from the USB with your CLOVERv3 might that be a reason CUDA in my editing software (Davinci Resolve 15) don´t work? do you think it might work if I boot CLOVERv3 direct from the machine?
thanks a lot for the helps so far I really apprecieate it.
No, the location of the boot files will make no difference to how Davinci Resolve works.

Moving them to the macOS drive will just mean you don't need to have the USB plugged in. It might speed up the boot too, but it will make no difference what so ever to the way any applications work.

Bluetooth not working is probably because the /CLOVER/Kexts/Other folder didn't include the correct kexts for your bluetooth module.

Which BT module are you using and which USB port is it connected to?

No, the location of the boot files will make no difference to how Davinci Resolve works.

Moving them to the macOS drive will just mean you don't need to have the USB plugged in. It might speed up the boot too, but it will make no difference what so ever to the way any applications work.

Bluetooth not working is probably because the /CLOVER/Kexts/Other folder didn't include the correct kexts for your bluetooth module.

Which BT module are you using and which USB port is it connected to?
I use this one "Broadcom BCM94352Z M.2 NGFF 802.11AC 867Mbps BT4.0 Lenovo FRU 04X6020" I have connected it to where the motherboards orignial chip sat.

What do you think about the numbers in CUDA-Z at post #48 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back