Contribute
Register

updated Clover no boot option. Desperate need of help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I delete all the kexts in /Library/Extensions folder or just the ones you listed in post # 25 and leave the rest still in /Library/Extensions folder?
don't delete them all, as some are Apple System Kexts that are required

only delete the 3rd party hackintosh kexts

don't delete them all, as some are Apple System Kexts that are required

only delete the 3rd party hackintosh kexts
Yes, that is correct. The important part is the permission repair and cache rebuild.

I might have messed up yesterday with the kexts. At first I deleted ALL kexts from /Library/Extensions folder (luckly I backed them up on an external drive). After that I repaired permissions and rebuild the kextcache in Hackintool. I didn´t reboot the computer and I left the computer on over night. Today when I now know that I shouldn´t have deleted ALL kexts from /Library/Extensions folder I copied the kexts that I shouldn´t have deleted from my external drive back to the /Library/Extensions folder. Now I´ve got this error massage with all the kexts I copied back to /Library/Extensions folder. Can I simply repair permissions and rebuild the kextcache in Hackintool again or what should I do?
Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 18.09.40.png

I might have messed up yesterday with the kexts. At first I deleted ALL kexts from /Library/Extensions folder (luckly I backed them up on an external drive). After that I repaired permissions and rebuild the kextcache in Hackintool. I didn´t reboot the computer and I left the computer on over night. Today when I now know that I shouldn´t have deleted ALL kexts from /Library/Extensions folder I copied the kexts that I shouldn´t have deleted from my external drive back to the /Library/Extensions folder. Now I´ve got this error massage with all the kexts I copied back to /Library/Extensions folder. Can I simply repair permissions and rebuild the kextcache in Hackintool again or what should I do?
View attachment 514276
you can't just copy kexts to /L/E, they need to be installed correctly

Code:
sudo cp -R KextToInstall.kext /Library/Extensions

Yes, that is correct. The important part is the permission repair and cache rebuild.
I have now reinstalled the kexts with Kextsbeast and I think I have done everything you mentiond in post #25. When I boot from the usb with your clover setup I got this error:
I also noticed that when I boot from my old Usb I have no wifi or bluetooth.
170665914_236403568231161_7128090952831137131_n.jpg

Should I delete all the kexts in /Library/Extensions folder or just the ones you listed in post # 25 and leave the rest still in /Library/Extensions folder?
Just the kexts listed in post #25, the others are OK in the /L/E folder.

Just the kexts listed in post #25, the others are OK in the /L/E folder.
I know. Read post #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 and the most recent #36 for an update of what´s going on. Thanks for your support!

@Edhawk what do you think? what might be wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back