Contribute
Register

updated Clover no boot option. Desperate need of help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170N-WIFI
CPU
Core i7-6700K
Graphics
Geforce gtx 960 2gb
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi. I built my system back in 2016. Since then I haven´t updated or change anything in fear of getting issues. Today I tried to fix “Problem 6: No native NVRAM support to remember driver selection

I installed the newest version of Clover as the guide said. After the install I rebooted the machine and now I can´t get it to boot properly. The computer boots into Clover Boot Manger. The only alternatives I see is following: Start UEFI Shell 64, Clover Boot Options, Options, About Clover, Restart Computer, Exit Clover. Pleas help me with this?

Sorry for being a newbie but you guys are the only ones that can help me fix this. I have a very important film project on the machine. As the newbie I am I have no backups.

Let me know if you need more information from me. I´m also not that experienced with computer knowledge so keep it simple so I understand.

I´m on El Cap 10.11.6

Thanks// Olle

Check that your /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder contains HFSPlus.efi or VBoxHfs.efi. As not seeing any Boot icons on the Clover Boot Screen is commonly caused by a missing HSF+ driver.

Check that your /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder contains HFSPlus.efi or VBoxHfs.efi. As not seeing any Boot icons on the Clover Boot Screen is commonly caused by a missing HSF+ driver.
Okey thanks for the reply. As I mentioned I have not that much knowledge about Hackintosh. It was years since I set up my system. How do I find /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder if I can´t access my finder? I assume that I have to create a bootable USB and boot from that to get access to finder and the then search for /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI and see if it contains HFSPlus.efi or VBoxHfs.efi. is that correct?

Next question.. How to I create bootable USB? Should I follow step 2 in this guide?: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ported-intel-based-pc.172672/#create_unibeast

After that, is it something more I need to do?

Boot from the USB installation drive you had when installing macOS, would be my first suggestion.

Boot from the USB installation drive you had when installing macOS, would be my first suggestion.
Now I have found the usb that I installed osx from.

Here is an update:
I inserted the usb and boot the machine but I´m still stuck at Clover boot manager v.5070 without any boot options. But if I go inside the BIOS BOOT MENU and choose “UEFI (name of usb) Partition 1” and hit enter I´m sent to Clover boot manager v.3423 and now I see boot options. Frist boot option is (EXTERNAL, boot mac os x from installer), second (HFS boot mac os x from macintosh ssd) and third RECOVERY (boot recovery from recovery hd). If I choose boot from EXTERNAL it freezes when I´m at the step after selected language. If I choose boot from HFS I get access to the computer but with NO GPU detected and it says 2x8gb ram instead of 2x16gb ram. Boot from RECOVERY I haven´t tested yet.

Regarding the /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder. I found 5 different CLOVER folders. 4 of which that is last updated in 2016 and the last one is updated a week ago probably when I updated clover. The 4 CLOVER folders from 2016 don´t contain any drivers folder but they contain a drivers32UEFI and drivers64UEFI folders with the VBoxHfs-32.efi and VBoxHfs-64.efi. no HFSPlus.efi found in those 4 CLOVER folders.
In the CLOVER folder from last week I can find the /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder but it is empty. The drivers32UEFI and drivers64UEFI folders in that folder is also empty.

What should I do next? Thanks for helping me :)

@Edhawk do you have any suggestions?

Post a photo of the kernel panic, without more information I can't tell what is happening or needs changing.

Post a photo of the kernel panic, without more information I can't tell what is happening or needs changing.
How do I access the kernal panic?

Use verbose (-v) along with keepsys=1 and debug=0x100 boot arguments. These will boot the system with the usually hidden verbose text shown on the display. They will also allow the system to halt when a kernel panic occurs with a screen of hopefully useful text. You take a photo of the text on the screen and post it here.

You can enable these three boot arguments from the Clover boot screen, by doing the following:
  1. Boot using the USB drive.
  2. When on the Clover Boot Screen, highlight your macOS drives icon, if not automatically highlighted.
  3. Then press the spacebar.
  4. This will bring up a menu, where you can select or unselect various boot arguments, which will work for a single use/boot. The menu will look something like this, depending on the version of clover and the clover theme you are using:
    • screenshot9.png
  5. Use the spacebar or your mouse to select the three boot arguments mentioned above.
  6. Then select return at the bottom of the menu, or
  7. Select the 'Boot macOS with Selected Options' entry at the top of the menu.

Use verbose (-v) along with keepsys=1 and debug=0x100 boot arguments. These will boot the system with the usually hidden verbose text shown on the display. They will also allow the system to halt when a kernel panic occurs with a screen of hopefully useful text. You take a photo of the text on the screen and post it here.

You can enable these three boot arguments from the Clover boot screen, by doing the following:
  1. Boot using the USB drive.
  2. When on the Clover Boot Screen, highlight your macOS drives icon, if not automatically highlighted.
  3. Then press the spacebar.
  4. This will bring up a menu, where you can select or unselect various boot arguments, which will work for a single use/boot. The menu will look something like this, depending on the version of clover and the clover theme you are using:
  5. Use the spacebar or your mouse to select the three boot arguments mentioned above.
  6. Then select return at the bottom of the menu, or
  7. Select the 'Boot macOS with Selected Options' entry at the top of the menu.

It didn´t work exactly as you said. I had no boot args. to fill in after I hit sapcebar at MacOS drives icon but I managed to write the boot args. manually under options on the clover boot screen. here are images of all the steps I did inclunding all the text (hopefully useful text). thanks for your patience.

screen 1.jpg
screen 2.jpg
screen 3.jpg
screen 4.jpg
screen 5.jpg
screen 6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back