Contribute
Register

Updated 2013-08-16: MacMan's Haswell Test Build: Core i7-4770K + GA-Z87X-UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
MacMan's Haswell Test Build: Core i7-4770K + GA-Z87X-UD3H

There should be support right for 10.8 on Haswell after WWDC when they release the new Macbooks right?

Haswell will be supported indeed, but our concern is with what Motherboards? what chipset and most importantly, will the HD 4600 IGP be supported or will they only support the 5200 Iris pro chip? i hope all these questions can be answered after the keynote on Monday the 10th of June!

Such is life here in the big city I guess. I'm still on Sandy Bridge, but I don't think I've ever really stressed the CPU, and I have a good old AMD 6870, so as long as it supported in future OS X releases, I'll be a happy camper! That said, a mobo upgrade is probably in my future to get better I/O (USB 3.0 someday, Thunderbolt).

I think we are all looking forward to the next major release of OS X (10.9?)

Haswell will be supported indeed, but our concern is with what Motherboards? what chipset and most importantly, will the HD 4600 IGP be supported or will they only support the 5200 Iris pro chip? i hope all these questions can be answered after the keynote on Monday the 10th of June!

I think we would be better of with ivy for now :lol:.
Who knows, if we use motherboards that have the same ending for last gen it might work. (after apple anounced WWDC)
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
and
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H

Update 2013-06-07:

Good news, bad news.

The good is I have it booting 10.8.3 using a custom kernel I built to support it.

The bad is that the CPU speed is being reported incorrectly due to no support for Haswell in Chimera. This will be fixed in Chimera 2.1.

Update 2013-06-07:

Good news, bad news.

The good is I have it booting 10.8.3 using a custom kernel I built to support it.

The bad is that the CPU speed is being reported incorrectly due to no support for Haswell in Chimera. This will be fixed in Chimera 2.1.
You rock! :clap:

Update 2013-06-07:

Good news, bad news.

Amazing news. Really appreciate all the hard work you do.

Nice MacMan!
Are you going to put your custom kernel online?
(not that I would be able to use it, don't have a pc or pc parts, but i'm just curious)

Nice MacMan!
Are you going to put your custom kernel online?
(not that I would be able to use it, don't have a pc or pc parts, but i'm just curious)
I will once Apple releases the 10.8.4 source.

Even then there are issues due to no Chimera or native OS X support.

I will once Apple releases the 10.8.4 source.

Even then there are issues due to no Chimera or native OS X support.

Are you posting issues/todo lists anywhere for collaborators? I noticed the svn repo for chimera hasn't been updated in a month. I do a lot of intel development for work (currently working with a custom bootloader, just wrote my own ehci/usb stack for pre-boot environments) and have been thinking about getting involved in hackintosh community. I've been putting a haswell build together with the expectation of having to mess with it a bit. I found your blog on the wiki but it seems you don't post on it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back