Contribute
Register

Updated 2013-08-16: MacMan's Haswell Test Build: Core i7-4770K + GA-Z87X-UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
MacMan's Haswell Test Build: Core i7-4770K + GA-Z87X-UD3H

I will once Apple releases the 10.8.4 source.

Even then there are issues due to no Chimera or native OS X support.

thank you so much MM.

Just a quick question since I am very interested in all your black magic. How is Windows Kernel able to support new Intel CPU?

When you say you patched the Kernel of 10.8.3, do you mean you just add the Haswell CPU ID into the supported CPU list so that the OS X kernel does not panic?

I am ready to be a Ginea Pig for testing.Just finished my Haswell Build.

photo.JPG

Update 2013-06-07:

Good news, bad news.

The good is I have it booting 10.8.3 using a custom kernel I built to support it.

The bad is that the CPU speed is being reported incorrectly due to no support for Haswell in Chimera. This will be fixed in Chimera 2.1.

That is really cool and a much appreciated effort, but since we know that the Haswell CPU itself will eventually be officially supported, our most valuable piece of information at this point, that will help us pull the trigger and start buying hardware is the motherboard and chipset support,

Can you please comment on the compatibility of the GA-Z87X-UD3H motherboard that you have? could you get the Realtek ALC898 codec, the Marvell 88SE9172 chip, and the Renesas uPD720210 USB 3.0 Hubs to work without issues? or are you having issues with any of these components?

Please provide such information because myself and, i am sure a lot more of the members here are waiting for this info to start buying hardware.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

That is really cool and a much appreciated effort, but since we know that the Haswell CPU itself will eventually be officially supported, our most valuable piece of information at this point, that will help us pull the trigger and start buying hardware is the motherboard and chipset support,

Can you please comment on the compatibility of the GA-Z87X-UD3H motherboard that you have? could you get the Realtek ALC898 codec, the Marvell 88SE9172 chip, and the Renesas uPD720210 USB 3.0 Hubs to work without issues? or are you having issues with any of these components?

Please provide such information because myself and, i am sure a lot more of the members here are waiting for this info to start buying hardware.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Yeah, I'm one of that members... The people that have already purchased "Haswell hardware" can make something like a table of compatibility? This, would be very appreciate, thanks.

Just giving a big shoutout for the peoples involved in the community making this happening, I'm one of many that wants to jump into the hackingtosh world instead of buying Apple products due to the performance gain at the same cost.

Will probably go for IB route to be safe, but haswell build is very intruguing, lets see what happens in the near future.

MacMan - It is good news that you have patched a kernel and have 10.8.3 booting on your Haswell system. I have my system assembled (i7-4770K and MSI Z87M-G43) and have checked out the hardware with those other OS's. My platter is full so I will patiently wait for an OS X release with Haswell support.

Good hacking,
neil

MacMan

Could you send me the custom kernel for the 10.8.3 for Haswell 4770K to get mine new hackintosh to work?

Thanks

Come on MacMan you are the best so, put up the kernal. After that you would be awesome:headbang:.
I am pretty much sad. That I would have to wait after WWDC. Can you just put it up.
Thanks

Come on MacMan you are the best so, put up the kernal. After that you would be awesome:headbang:.
I am pretty much sad. That I would have to wait after WWDC. Can you just put it up.
Thanks

Patients Young Skywalker,

As mentioned earlier
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by MacMan

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back