Contribute
Register

Updated 2013-08-16: MacMan's Haswell Test Build: Core i7-4770K + GA-Z87X-UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
MacMan's Haswell Test Build: Core i7-4770K + GA-Z87X-UD3H

Next monday, in Apple Keynote, arrive new Mac's with Haswell processors, and almost certainly support for dual socket, right?

Possibly and upgrade for the Mac pro line finally?

I can't wait for WWDC.

I am thinking of this now: ASRock Z87E-ITX. Looks very promising, doesn't it?

You can try clover bootloader with KernelCPU flag for unsupported cpus. Possible it may help

My Ivy Bridge build is starting to feel like an oldie :lol:

Hope it should last another 3 years until I get the 2015 chipset! Good luck MacMan! (Honestly the only thing I find likeable about Haswell in terms of Hackintoshes is the six SATA III ports.)

God Speed MacMan! :)

My Ivy Bridge build is starting to feel like an oldie :lol:

Hope it should last another 3 years until I get the 2015 chipset! Good luck MacMan! (Honestly the only thing I find likeable about Haswell in terms of Hackintoshes is the six SATA III ports.)

I'm agree¡¡¡

Will not boot using a standard 10.8.3 UniBeast stick as the stock OS X kernel does not recognize the Haswell CPU. Chimera needs to be updated to add Haswell support.
Do you get a reboot in the kernel code, then use cpus=1 or simply stick to Snow Leopard for now, until things are cleared up ;)

Will not boot using a standard 10.8.3 UniBeast stick as the stock OS X kernel does not recognize the Haswell CPU.
Chimera needs to be updated to add Haswell support.

Have you already tried 10.8.4? I've ordered an i5-4670K + GA-Z87X-UD5H and they're arriving today. Will try OS X first and use Linux if it fails.

>>> Greetings from Japan,
Me too. I need the earlier support for Z87 chipset to enjoy the Hacintosh world.

*** Explanation what I did :
Though I have enjoyed my Hacintosh (i7-970 on Sabertooth X58, OSx 10.8.3) until the end of last week, the problem has been occurred on its ATX power supply. So, I decided to go the LGA1150 platform from the current ( older ) LGA1366 platform quickly.
After purchasing new PC parts (i7-4770K, Gigagyte GA-Z87Z-OC), I tuned my Windows 8 Pro system for this new platform. Well-Done.
But, the license authentification for moving new platform ( Processor, Motherboard ) from older, was required with the telephone-talking to a MS person.
Then , I tried to run my Hacintosh on the boot disk of OSx 10.8.3 ( that was available and running until the end of last week ). But, white screen only is shown. Regarding to the booting Unibeast 1.7, it is the same as one for booting OSx 10.8.3 - white screen ( endless loop ). ***
 <<<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back