Contribute
Register

Updated 10.9.2 CAMERA ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've resolved the issue, the problem for me is the app AirParrot that mirror my Hacintosh to Apple TV. The kext video and audio driver of this app, seem to be incompatible with 10.9.2 update and broken the webcam. If you have this or a similar application remove them.

I uninstalled the app and the kext, with this terminal commands:

• sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/APExtFramebuffer.kext
  • sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AirParrotDriver.kext
  • sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.squirrels.AirParrot.plist
  • sudo rm -rf /Applications/AirParrot.app
  • sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/APExtFramebuffer.kext
  • sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/AirParrotDriver.kext

After the commands, reboot the system and try your webcam, my Logitech C310 now works like a charm! :headbang::headbang:

Zillion times THANKS!!!
You are my HERO!!!:thumbup:

this is hilarious!! i just did the exact same thing and came back to post the how to Fix!!!!! You beat me to it Sciacallo!! good job to both of us! :D:DD

I've resolved the issue, the problem for me is the app AirParrot that mirror my Hacintosh to Apple TV. The kext video and audio driver of this app, seem to be incompatible with 10.9.2 update and broken the webcam. If you have this or a similar application remove them.

After the commands, reboot the system and try your webcam, my Logitech C310 now works like a charm! :headbang::headbang:

Thank You!!!!! Now my C920 Webcam is working :clap:

Sorry for my english

I have the same issue after update to 10.9.2 isight camera on 27" apple led cinema display not working

I read that apple release update for mac pro smc ver.2 for original mac pro, i f have my hackintosh setting up such as mac pro early 2008 may be thos is related with some changing in the original smc models?

My Hackintosh spec:
OS X 10.9.2
Motherboard - GA-H61N-USB3 rev. 1.0 Bios F8
CPU - Intel Core i5-2380P 3.1 GHz, 4xcores, 4xthreads,Socket 1155 Sandy Bridge, 95 watt
HDD 1 - WD Velociraptor 320 GB 10.000 rpm 7 Watts
HDD 2 - Western Digital 3TB, 3,5", 7200RPM, SATAIII, 64MB, WD30EFRX
VGA - EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 - Kepler GK106
RAM - 2x4 GB 1333 MHz
Power - Super Flower SF-550P14XE
Case - Lian Li PC-Q08 Black
King Mod Premium Dampening Kit - Lian Li PC-Q08

chips on motherboard:
Audio - Realtek ALC889
LAN - Realtek RTL8111E
USB 3.0 - Fresco FL1009 chip

Sorry for my english

I have the same issue after update to 10.9.2 isight camera on 27" apple led cinema display not working

I read that apple release update for mac pro smc ver.2 for original mac pro, i f have my hackintosh setting up such as mac pro early 2008 may be thos is related with some changing in the original smc models?

My Hackintosh spec:
OS X 10.9.2
Motherboard - GA-H61N-USB3 rev. 1.0 Bios F8
CPU - Intel Core i5-2380P 3.1 GHz, 4xcores, 4xthreads,Socket 1155 Sandy Bridge, 95 watt
HDD 1 - WD Velociraptor 320 GB 10.000 rpm 7 Watts
HDD 2 - Western Digital 3TB, 3,5", 7200RPM, SATAIII, 64MB, WD30EFRX
VGA - EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 - Kepler GK106
RAM - 2x4 GB 1333 MHz
Power - Super Flower SF-550P14XE
Case - Lian Li PC-Q08 Black
King Mod Premium Dampening Kit - Lian Li PC-Q08

chips on motherboard:
Audio - Realtek ALC889
LAN - Realtek RTL8111E
USB 3.0 - Fresco FL1009 chip

Do you have the USB connector plugged in ? The built in iSight works over the USB connection and not the DisplayPort.

After horrible Airparrot uninstallation process my iSight Camera on 27" Apple LED Cinema Display working again under OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks . In my case problem was in Airparrot 3rd party app, after remove them (not only app, you must remove Airparrot drivers too) iSight camera working like a charm, so i mean this will help to anyone with camera problem after update to 10.9.2 - just remove any 3rd party "Air" audio/video app incompatible with mavericks 10.9.2.

[video=youtube;r4D3eFf3y64]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4D3eFf3y64[/video]

Do you have the USB connector plugged in ? The built in iSight works over the USB connection and not the DisplayPort.

Thanks, fix usb, reinstall usb kext ... was the first i trying but problem was in Airparrot app, for some reason Airparrot under OS X 10.9.2 blocked Isight Camera and i mean Airparrot may blocked other usb camera too, not only iSight Camera. May be other similar app (beamer etc) may be incompatible under 10.9.2 too, so uninstall any "Air" 3rd party app may help. In my case it help :)

Anyway thanks for advice

Thanks Sciacallo!

I was having the same issue with my webcam as everyone else, removed Airparrot and the affiliated kexts... works like a charm now! I hardly ever use Airparrot anyways so I can wait for them to update/fix this issue.

My webcam in case anyone has similar one...

Logitech Camera C905:

Product ID: 0x080a
Vendor ID: 0x046d (Logitech Inc.)
Version: 0.10
Serial Number: 44523793
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Location ID: 0x1a131000 / 7
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back