Contribute
Register

Update Your OS X Mountain Lion App to 10.8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Apple, Thank you Tony Mac, it's very simple,

* Optional : delete the downloaded "Mountain Lion App" which you downloaded from the app store "if you did not download the "Mountain Lion App" then you have nothing to delete, so this step is Optional

* Open the app store and "hold alt/option, maybe Optional, but can't be sure, so keep hold of the buttons just in case, HINT, the option button is your windows logo" then download Mountain Lion

* Now download "UniBeast" from the TonyMac86x site, open it and tick "Mountain Lion", next next enter password, wait 30 mins, and you will have a install usb, with the newest "Mountain Lion" on it, please note that Airport and iTunes will need updating, so you don't get everything, it seems just the update was slipstreamed and nothing else

I upgraded my system with 10.8.5. The sleep now functions perfectly and it also cured the crash in Airplay with my Apple TV (after resetting the system type to a mac mini 5,1). I am very please with my 100% working hackintosh now.

thank you tooo

Amazing my best and glitch less install ever!
GA-Z77N-Wifi, EVGA GTX 660, Intel core i7 3770K
USB3 is working native but not USB2 I tried GenericUSBXHCI but with mixed results so I'm not using this kext.
Really very pleased, Thank you very much!

AppleACPIPlatform v1.8 work better than ever for sleep/wake - especially with eSATA. BUT it does not turn off the sleep icon (moon) and glowing/dimming power button on wake?! anyone else see this?

In my asus p5w dh deluxe, the Belkin Components F8T013 Bluetooth Adapter (http://www.pjcomputers.net/belkinf8t...sbadapter.aspx) works correctly in 10.8.4, But after update to 10.8.5, when I plug the USB, the PC hangs up without any message. Or if I try to boot with the BT connected. The system doesn't boot.

Somebody can help me?
Thanks

PD: I have installed "usb legacy support" from multibeast.

Ok p67a-ud3-b3

Article: Update Your OS X Mountain Lion App to 10.8.5

Same issue here. I can only boot into safe mode (-x) - Otherwise I get the same Bluetooth Controller error message - What should I do?

I am also hitting the same hang up... Has anyone made progress on this?

Article: Update Your OS X Mountain Lion App to 10.8.5

More progress. With 10.8.5 + UniBeast 2.1.0 on a GA-Z87X-UD4H + i7 4770k, I'm able to get past the first reboot during install, then stops here:

Code:
FIPS USER Space POST Success!
BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory
Waiting for DSMOS...
Previous Shutdown Cause: 5
SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL - fall back to old SMC mode
macx_swapon SUCCESS
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model Ox3c
  -- power management may be incomplete or unsupported
DSMOS has arrived
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed
**** [IOBluetoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

wildwillow helped me by pointing out that my bios should have these settings (Gigabyte z77x-UP5TH):

Initial Display = PCI
Onboard Graphics = Disabled
Vt-D = Disabled

maybe your motherboard needs and doesn't have these same settings?

good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back