Contribute
Register

Update Your OS X Mountain Lion App to 10.8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I upgraded from SL to Mountain Lion V 10.8.5
I cannot get it to boot except in safe mode only.
If I run Multibeast, I cant boot from HD, still have to use the USB drive. (And I cant boot even in safe mode from there.)
It hangs at the apple screen with the rotating icon.
I have to reinstall ML using the USB drive. (Then it's back to only booting in safe)
I have tried several boot options, but the only one that works for me is -X (safe mode), by working I mean get to the login screen and start ML. After that, I have network, but no audio and screen is jerky when displaying web pages.
GigaByte Z77-HD3
8 gig DDR3
i5-3570 CPU with HD Graphics 2500
Western Digital Sata HD WD1200. (I plan to upgrade this but would like to see this baby working properly first, since I will have to buy a new HD).

Also, Im having the problem that Ceasarson mentioned above, about it hanging after trying to load a bluetooth controller.
I may try deleteing the AppleHDA kext, but is that on the hard drive or the USB mem stick?

Any help is greatly appreciated.​

Article: Update Your OS X Mountain Lion App to 10.8.5

Got past "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!" by booting with -x. :)

I am also plagued by "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!" :crazy:

What have you done to fix the install so you don't have to boot in to Safe Mode each time?

thank you.

I upgraded from SL to Mountain Lion V 10.8.5
I cannot get it to boot except in safe mode only.
If I run Multibeast, I cant boot from HD, still have to use the USB drive. (And I cant boot even in safe mode from there.)
It hangs at the apple screen with the rotating icon.
I have to reinstall ML using the USB drive. (Then it's back to only booting in safe)
I have tried several boot options, but the only one that works for me is -X (safe mode), by working I mean get to the login screen and start ML. After that, I have network, but no audio and screen is jerky when displaying web pages.
hanging after trying to load a bluetooth controller...

same issue here, missing bluetooth controller error, can only boot in to safe mode. finding a lot of threads on this and no solution. please help! :crazy:

Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3P
Core i3-3225 Ivy Bridge 3.3GHz
Intel HD Graphics 4000

same issue here, missing bluetooth controller error, can only boot in to safe mode. finding a lot of threads on this and no solution. please help! :crazy:

Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3P
Core i3-3225 Ivy Bridge 3.3GHz
Intel HD Graphics 4000

A missing bluetooth controller error often signals a graphics setting problem. Double check that in the UEFI BIOS your HD 4000 graphics are enabled using the integrated graphics setting.

Using MultiBeast 6, under 'Customize' select the integrated graphics option.

Reboot

A missing bluetooth controller error often signals a graphics setting problem. Double check that in the UEFI BIOS your HD 4000 graphics are enabled using the integrated graphics setting.

Using MultiBeast 6, under 'Customize' select the integrated graphics option.

Reboot

we are good to go, thanks! :thumbup:

I have tried all of the iBoot versions, but it still will not all me to load Mac OS X on my system. I do not have an average system, but it is an Intel based system using the same Xeon Westmere processors used in the Mac Pro. I have tried to install 5 different to no avail. I was under the impression this software would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back