i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi I would be very grateful for help with my hackintosh system. Since updating from OpenCore 0.8.5 to 0.8.6 it will not boot, it fails and restarts.
Laptop specs:
HP Pavilion 14-bk1xx, intel i5-850U (intel Kaby Lake) 16GB RAM, GPU: UHD 620, Bluetooth/Wi-Fi card: Dell Wireless 1820A (Broadcom - BCM94350ZAE - installed to swap another M2, I now possess three(!))
Using the SystemProductName: MacBookPro 14,1 (it has worked for me previously with my cpu and current setup).

Laptop seemed to work mostly on Big Sur, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth worked, including imessage and facetime and USB.
I upgraded to Monterey and I noticed Wi-Fi and USB were not working. Something had changed. Updated to Venutra using the Ethernet port (RealtekRTL8111.kext enables working ethernet)
Sometimes Bluetooth comes on its own, as if there's a delay to it being enabled.

On upgrading to OpenCore 0.8.6 with OCAuxTool I get a boot failure.
I've included my EFI folder and removed SystemSerialNumber and SystemUUID

Many thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.6 MB · Views: 61
  • bigsur.jpg
    bigsur.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
SSDT-EC-USBX.aml isn't needed.
Remove BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext and IntelBluetoothInjector.kext, even if it's disabled in the config.plist.

Where is the error message when it fails?

Hi I did as you said and it either hangs or restarts the laptop here:
InitializeLocalSingingPublicKey: failed to get local signing public key (e00002bc) and resets (i had to record in slowmotion with my phone and take a screenshot before it restarts) or trying again after resetting NVRAM, it hangs on the image uploaded below.

thank you

--EDIT: I have now included the latest EFI folder. cheers.

Attachments

• PXL_20221119_105513063.jpg
    PXL_20221119_105513063.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 111
  • Screenshot_20221119-131111.png
    Screenshot_20221119-131111.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 116
  • EFI.zip
    11.7 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Hi I did as you said and it either hangs or restarts the laptop here:
InitializeLocalSingingPublicKey: failed to get local signing public key (e00002bc) and resets (i had to record in slowmotion with my phone and take a screenshot before it restarts) or trying again after resetting NVRAM, it hangs on the image uploaded below.

thank you
zip and upload your new EFI

uploaded to last reply.
- The Utilities folder is not part of the OC folder. Please remove it.

- A minor error in your config.plist ;
Code:
NOTE: This version of ocvalidate is only compatible with OpenCore version 0.8.6!

OpenCanopy.efi is loaded at UEFI->Drivers, but Misc->Boot->PickerMode is not set to External!

CheckMisc returns 1 error!
It's quite trivial so just set as Misc->Boot->PickerMode = External

- Finally, open ProperTree, do cmd-R (or Ctrl-R) for OC Snapshot, Save, Exit and Reboot

included the EFI with saved OC Snapshot as requested.

Thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 51
included the EFI with saved OC Snapshot as requested.

- You seemed to have ALL the Drivers in your EFI yet your config.plist does not reflect that (which is Good). OC Snapshot would normally add those in so not sure why it hadn't for you. Anyway I've removed the ones you weren't using.

- Same thing with your Tools folder however your config.plist was showing memtestx86 and Shutdown however neither were in your Tools folder to begin with so I have removed all the surplus stock tools you weren't using.

- I've also removed all the surplus patches and trimmed your config.list down.

Give it a try

Attachments

• EFI Sluisga_v2_0.8.6.zip
    11.8 MB · Views: 36
- You seemed to have ALL the Drivers in your EFI yet your config.plist does not reflect that (which is Good). OC Snapshot would normally add those in so not sure why it hadn't for you. Anyway I've removed the ones you weren't using.

- Same thing with your Tools folder however your config.plist was showing memtestx86 and Shutdown however neither were in your Tools folder to begin with so I have removed all the surplus stock tools you weren't using.

- I've also removed all the surplus patches and trimmed your config.list down.

Give it a try
Thanks for the updated EFI. I added my serials etc. and now when running it did some APFS updating in the verbose text? but eventually all further restarts gives this new error of:

MAC Framework successfully initialized
AMFI: developer mode is force enabled on this platform
AppleKeyStore:869:8: oy vey
AMFIInitializeLocalSigningPublicKey; failed to get local signing public key (e00002bc)

the SSD is an Origin Inception TLC830 M.2 SSD - not sure this would cause an issue like other drives (namely samsung)

Thanks for persisting! Was wondering whether I should try again and just go back to BigSur.

Attachments

• PXL_20221119_225627152.jpg
    PXL_20221119_225627152.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 58
  • apfs query_changes.jpg
    apfs query_changes.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 59
  • after APFS changes and restart dialogue.jpg
    after APFS changes and restart dialogue.jpg
    401.7 KB · Views: 59
Thanks for the updated EFI. I added my serials etc. and now when running it did some APFS updating in the verbose text? but eventually all further restarts gives this new error of:

MAC Framework successfully initialized
AMFI: developer mode is force enabled on this platform
AppleKeyStore:869:8: oy vey
AMFIInitializeLocalSigningPublicKey; failed to get local signing public key (e00002bc)

the SSD is an Origin Inception TLC830 M.2 SSD - not sure this would cause an issue like other drives (namely samsung)

Thanks for persisting! Was wondering whether I should try again and just go back to BigSur.
remove the drive and see if you can boot to recovery, if you can boot with out the drive, the you know the issue is with your drive

Back