Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Established users of macOS Sierra who wish to update directly to macOS High Sierra can do so just like a regular Mac would. These fully native methods require no USB creation or preparation and allow you to keep all of your files and settings.
When will u release the UniBeast for High Sierra? I want a clean install.

I have an SSD running Sierra do I need to update my clover and copy the apfs.efi to the updated clover EFI folder? I see that it says for an SSD it auto updates to APFS.
Thank you

Yes you do. Just follow the first part of the guide for APFS.

2. Open Clover configuration folder on the root of your system drive or EFI Partition using EFI Mounter v3. Copy FakeSMC.kext and any other extra necessary kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. If you need essential kexts, download them here.

I don't have any kexts on my EFI partition, is it normal? I would download them, but I don't know which kexts I need to add to Other folder, can I download all of them or can I find those, which is my system using to put them in Other folder?

Thanks for advice!

The kext which you're using are at Library/Extensions on the system partition- not on the EFI.
You have to copy the ones you need from there to the EFI-Folder (CLOVER/kexts/other)

I think you'll have the same question as I did before a few posts :lol: (see quote below)
Maybe someone will help us
:)

Hi, sorry for the stupid question but I want to get sure before I ran into problems.
The Guide on Page 1 says:

Sadly I have no notes what I have added to my extensions folder since my first installation. I'll do so as soon as I updated.
But for now I have to work as it is.

Is it possible that I just copy all the kext in the /Library/Extensions folder to the Clover/kext/other folder?
Or will this bring me to even more problems?

Thanks for any helpful information

The kext which you're using are at Library/Extensions on the system partition- not on the EFI.
You have to copy the ones you need from there to the EFI-Folder (CLOVER/kexts/other)

I think you'll have the same question as I did before a few posts :lol: (see quote below)
Maybe someone will help us
:)

Thanks, is it problem, if I copy all of them from this folder? Like kexts for printer, Logitech keyboard etc.? Because I don't know, which of these I need and which not...

Hi,
The system reboots when I try to boot from Install High Sierra in Clover.
I attach Diagnostic Report and config.plis
Any help would be appreciated.
Many thanks!

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.5 KB · Views: 216
  • Diagnostic Report.txt
    27.7 KB · Views: 111
So I did update and now I am on High Sierra only with these three problems:

1. My SSD was not converted to APFS instead it is still journaled HFS+ (does anyone know why?) I have followed the procedure for updating to APFS

2. On clover page I am missing icon for Mac OS instead of it I have there "internal_hfs" - anyone knows how to fix it?

3. Finder is unable to open EFI partition after mounting it, anyone experienced this?

Thanks!

When will u release the UniBeast for High Sierra? I want a clean install.
Soon, we're testing. Adding an option to not use APFS (use HFS+). If you want my advise, wait for 10.13.3. Then all the major bugs will be corrected and APFS will be more mature. :thumbup:

Did the update, only thing broken is sound. Despite the fact that I also copied kext file for realtek any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back