Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think your problems are related to the Nvidia web drivers. I've updated from Sierra to High Sierra with a GTX 1080 installed and never had to uninstall the Sierra version of the Nvidia web drivers.
Thanks. I guess more people have similar problems. I'll give it some time.

Thank's guys. Only need to re-patch Audio.

Hello, everyone. Does anyone know anything about the current outage with Clover? I think I have my build together, but I can not make a bootable disk. This may be a silly question for a noob, but is this something where I can remove my drive from and old mac and boot it?

Thanks

Successfully updated 10.12.6 to HS. To avoid black screen with no signal during installation and post i must use my custod ssdt done with shilohh guide. I read that it's a common problem for users with old nvidia cards like mine.

First of all, thanks Tony, your guide worked perfectly. A few things I've found: I had horrendous artifacts and flashing using any driver (osx and nvidia web) with a gtx550Ti. Swapped to a quadro and it worked really well. I let the machine go to sleep and it wouldn't wake. Odd. Had to force a reboot. Then it shuts down on every boot into the macOS partition, fails with an i/O error, disk could not be verified completely. Having to go for a fresh install. Anyone else had this? No idea what caused it....

After a kernel panic (trying to update direct my ssd drive with apfs from 10.12.6 to 10.13) I selected after reboot in Clover under option => MATS for continuing. Now after starting the installation, I see the Apple Logo on black screen with the bar still filling (more than half of it) changing in a spinning wheel for about one minute => the wheel is frozen. To see what happened I rebooted in -v mode and get following message:
Tue Oct 3 09:43:52 2017 iMac.local.com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.WindowServer) <Notice>: Servie only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

Can somebody help me what to do.

UPDATE: Thanks all, … after disabling Intel Graphic in BIOS 10.13 is running now

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome instructions, worked as described. Nvidia drivers updated from Nvidia control panel. Only thing I seem to be stuck on is audio. I have GA Z270MX-Gaming 5 mobo, so ALC1220 audio. Tried the audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3 2.command, and I now have Line out, Digital Out, Internal Speakers listed as output devices, but I get no sound from my speakers. Connected to green audio out port on back of PC also tried headphone jack on front of PC. Any thoughts?

EDIT: OK so, I may have skimmed the ALC1220 fixes a bit... all set now, updated AppleALC.kext version to 1.1.4 and LILU.kext to version 1.1.7, re-ran audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3 2.command, audio is all set now. Thanks again for this great resource! My hackintosh is now 100% functional on Mac OS X 10.13!:clap:

Last edited:
Success! and my first ever successful install or upgrade first time. MANY thanks @tonymacx86 and @toleda for the clear instructions that made that possible.

Update your clover version to 4200 at least .. it is crucial step....and follow instructions explained by tonymacx86 ... I had same problem than it fixed
tnx for help dear
i update my clover to 4220 , but not install high sierra
restart when installing
my SMBIOS is imac 14.2
for install high sierra my SMBIOS change to 17.1 or not ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back