Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mingjoy I've had some luck!

This fixed my issue of the installer sticking at the apple sign

I followed the advice in this post... (ignore the kexts to patch part)

High Sierra is now installing :)
Thx again!
I update successfully after I dropped MATS
But what is MATS, Is it important to macOS?

After I started the High Sierra installer, my clover boot screen shows only the carbon copy clone I made on another internal hdd. Any help please?

Did you copy apfs.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ ?

Damn, I thought it was fixed but I'm getting nasty graphics artifacts again from time to time. Usually after reboot it works for a while and then suddenly it's starting again. Anyone else having this and a possible solution? I first used the native OS X drivers, now the nVidia web, same problem.

I have gtx660 no problem on Sierra, after update to high Sierra same thing, glitches everywhere, today I've done a fresh install from usb , all good until I watched some youtube videos than bang ..glitches again, my card is recognised ok

CUDA is not working properly. Anyone manage installing it successfully?
Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 11.48.20 PM.png

I successfully installed High Sierra.
The only problem I have is, that it reboots instead of shutdown.
Do you also have this issue? How can I fix this?
Thanks for your help!

Actually it's not showing up "just fine" 8xxx points to a not properly identified framebuffer and possibly not using HW acc.
Have you tried identifying which framebuffer matches your card and injecting that via Clover?
according to me the framebuffer should be Baladi, which I tried.
I was thinking about disabling system integrity protection, then have it load some modified kexts since "kext-dev-mode=1" doesn't work anymore.

Thx again!
I update successfully after I dropped MATS
But what is MATS, Is it important to macOS?

Can you explain how to drop MATS , I don't see an option for it in clover latest version ?

according to me the framebuffer should be Baladi, which I tried.
I was thinking about disabling system integrity protection, then have it load some modified kexts since "kext-dev-mode=1" doesn't work anymore.
what does DPCI Manager tell you?

upload_2017-9-28_12-43-13.png

ok, so system integrity protection in combination with modified kexts also didn't work. I now went back to everything original.

Last edited:
Hy, I have a problem with finder, upgrade was fine, all fine, but my finder is crashing if i want to acces any partition or hdd. Any sugestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back