Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried adding these kexts to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Others/ but that didn't fix my issue. I still have the same problem, Apple logo appears with progress bar underneath it. When the progress bar fills, grey screen appears and it just stays there.

Oh i see. Just saw you have an Nvidia Card. Sry, my fault. In Clover boot screen go to options and edit bootflags...delete nvda_drv=1 and add nv_disable=1 then hit return. Go back to Clover boot screen, mark your install drive and hit spacebar. Have a look if Nvidia Vesa and verbose mode are ticked. If not, do it. Use cursor up to 'boot Mac with this preferences' and hit enter.

Help, I've tried upgrading to High Sierra from Sierra multiple times following the guide instructions, and each time the installing progress hangs on the first reboot, and after 10 minutes I've had to force shut down the computer, turn it on again, and boot into my macOS disk (which is still on Sierra, meaning the install didn't get written in). It always hangs on a screen like this; I'm not too concerned about the broken logo, since I see such a broken logo momentarily when I boot into my computer, but in any case the install is not writing itself in, and the computer hangs like this. I've tried upgrading without switching to AFS, but no luck either.
Sounds like you are having a variation on my boot problem too. Freezing on inject intel video.
I'm still waiting for a suggestion.

I've now successfully updated to High Sierra—everything seems to be working fine so far.

I have some questions about the new APFS. Should I (and if so, how do I) update other SSD drives to APFS? And if I'm cloning my system drive, which is now APFS, to a regular MacOS Extended drive using CC Cloner, will this cause any problems?

If anyone knows the answers to these questions, I appreciate it.
https://bombich.com/kb/ccc5/everything-you-need-know-about-carbon-copy-cloner-and-apfs

Black screen in MacOS Install devices after Apple Logo. Anyone more?

AMD R9-280X and 2 monitors via DVI. One stays black and the other in grey, and can't see the cursor like other mates :S
Lilu.kext and Whatevergreen.kext in efi-clover-kexts-others? And add raddvi to clover boot flags.

Anyone able to get the AMD R9 390 8gb working in High Sierra?
I have tried this method but it is not working for me. It did work flawlessly on Sierra though.
All I have is a black screen now. Once I connect the cable back to the IGP HDMI I have a picture again.
However, the strange thing is, that it is showing up just fine in the System Report.

http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=16_screen.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back