Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I upgrade yesterday.

Here is the issue I face:
1. Clover didn't found Drivers
cause: APFS drivers are missing so you don't see HDD's
- it seems somehow when I upgrading I don't know how my clover was like basic installation without any drivers for APFS in driver folder so I boot with USB which had APFS drivers and install clover again now everything is fine.

2. Sound is not working
Tonight I didn't have time to work on that I will try "audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3.command"

3. ZFS
- Im using ZFS from the time OS X was trying to use it in their OS X server.
Tonight I will test: https://openzfsonosx.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3053 -
OpenZFS on OS X 1.6.2 RC1 for High Sierra.pkg

22331067_10210130480960405_748160212_n.jpg
22359418_10210130480920404_1107278568_n.jpg

Guys can someone help?

I tried a bunch of different recommendations to make it work but I am stuck at installer. Here is the latest -v log I get.

Here is what I tried so far:

BIOS needs to enable IGPU (not auto) and have initial output to IGFX (not PEGP or PCI), allocate at least 64MB of VRAM
- discrete can still be in the box
- config.plist: inject intel true, inject Nvidia false, nvidiaweb false, NO OTHER GRAPHICS STUFF (not nvda_drv, not nv_disable=1, no ig_platform_id, no 4 port patch or port/connector edits)
3. Changed iMac version number to 15.x.

What else....?
IMG_20171009_094832.jpg

Guys can someone help?

I tried a bunch of different recommendations to make it work but I am stuck at installer. Here is the latest -v log I get.

Here is what I tried so far:

BIOS needs to enable IGPU (not auto) and have initial output to IGFX (not PEGP or PCI), allocate at least 64MB of VRAM
- discrete can still be in the box
- config.plist: inject intel true, inject Nvidia false, nvidiaweb false, NO OTHER GRAPHICS STUFF (not nvda_drv, not nv_disable=1, no ig_platform_id, no 4 port patch or port/connector edits)
3. Changed iMac version number to 15.x.

What else....?View attachment 284348
I'm not sure, because I don't use IGFX. Afaik for MacPro5, MacPro6, iMac15 and above smbios you need Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.

https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu

IntelGraphicsFixup Web Site

I would disable IGFX in Bios and on clover boot screen, don't inject any gfx card, nv_disable=1 and temporarily change SIP to 0x0. Also for installing new Nvidia Webdriver.

Is it possible to "upgrade" to AFPS? Say, if I update to 10.13 on a HDD and then later clone it over to a SSD and then want to get to AFPS.
Yes. In Terminal. But not in the running System. You have to boot into HS Recovery Partition or your HS HDD. Run Terminal and type diskutil list. Notice your SSD, (for example) disk2s1 is EFI, disk2s2 is System and disk2s3 is Recovery. Then type diskutil apfs convert disk2s2. Change the disk (in my case it was disk2s2) to your needs. Before, disable Trim on your SSD, copy apfs.efi into efi-clover-drivers64UEFI. You'll find apfs.efi in /usr/standalone/i386

I followed the guide posted at the beginning of this thread and updated directly from Sierra after adding apfs.efi to the appropriate EFI clover folder. After a very easy installation, everything was working normally: audio, usb, etc. Then I installed the supplemental update which prompted me to update the NVIDIA drivers. Probably the easiest update ever for me, just like on a genuine Mac.
Thanks for the guide.

ZFS is working with -
https://openzfsonosx.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3053 -
OpenZFS on OS X 1.6.2 RC1 for High Sierra.pkg

{19:29}hack:~@master✗✗✗✗✗✗ vhristev$ zpool status
pool: zfsmir
state: ONLINE
scan: scrub repaired 0 in 2h9m with 0 errors on Sat May 20 16:30:44 2017
config:

NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM
zfsmir ONLINE 0 0 0
mirror-0 ONLINE 0 0 0
media-7ED78B19-6166-40AF-A2C6-B7B9A25A9E0F ONLINE 0 0 0
media-201F247A-1BDC-443B-A33A-BEC3C731B8B7 ONLINE 0 0 0

Sound is working with: https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC

We have the same board, here is my config.plist..
Thanks have the same isue. Only black apple apears and nothing happend.
We have de same board, so just copy your config.plist on my EFI partition and everithing going OK.
Now have OS High Sierra installed with APFS
Thanks so mach!!

All went fine, however I am stuck on the audio fix.

I tried toleda's procedure, but I get this error:

Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem

No system files were changed

2. Open Clover configuration folder on the root of your system drive or EFI Partition using EFI Mounter v3. Copy FakeSMC.kext and any other extra necessary kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. If you need essential kexts, download them here.

Shall I remove these later after successfull upgrade from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and keep on /Library/Extensions or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back