Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS Catalina

Hi, guys! I updated and everything went well!
But, now when I start the system, the system loading screen does not appear but the system starts up well and on schedule.
How can I fix this bug? Thank you so much.

Hi Guys,

I have upgrade from Mojave to Catalina successfully, but now I cannot install kexts anymore, looks like I lost access to System/Library/Extensions and cannot get access again. I have already tried to disable SIP but I still cannot install kexts.

Anyone have the same issue or know how to fix this? How can I gain access to extensions again to install my Kexts?

Thanks in advance

Hi Guys,

I have upgrade from Mojave to Catalina successfully, but now I cannot install kexts anymore, looks like I lost access to System/Library/Extensions and cannot get access again. I have already tried to disable SIP but I still cannot install kexts.

Anyone have the same issue or know how to fix this? How can I gain access to extensions again to install my Kexts?

Thanks in advance

There is no real need to do that, it's better to install Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext and leave it to them.

Thanks, P1lgrim.

I tried several combinations of Coffee Lake igfx-id and only get reboots.
I think is time to try a new clean install.

Hi Guys,

The only thing that is not working after the upgrade from Mojave to Catalina is my Wifi AR9285.

I was using the attached kext (AirPortAtheros40.kext) in Mojave and it was working just fine.

Any idea if something needs to be changed to work in Catalina Now?

Any help will be appreciated.

Attachments

• AR9285.zip
    860.8 KB · Views: 74
  • AR9285.png
    AR9285.png
    209.6 KB · Views: 140
Hi, guys! I updated and everything went well!
But, now when I start the system, the system loading screen does not appear but the system starts up well and on schedule.
How can I fix this bug? Thank you so much.
Souza I have same issue, did you find any fix for this?

Last edited:
I'm having the same issue:
For anyone using an HDMI/DVI Output, learn from my mistakes....

Radeon RX560 4GB HDMI/DVI "No Signal" on monitor/tv display.

The install was actually 100% successful, it was headless though - meaning as soon as I got past the Apple loading screen on the "Install MacOs" (using the update method), it turned off my display "No signal".

There's actually regular mac / imac / mac mini users (I'm sure a few are legit?) that have put reports to Apple about the issue, but none of the recommendations from them have worked.

IMPORTANT: My Recovery ended up being overwritten by the automatic Catalina install process which lasted about 30 minutes, so HDMI didn't work in Recovery mode either.

I had to revert back to Mojave 10.14 using TIME MACHINE by booting into Mojave Install using USB and Time Machine System Recovery.

I have updated to the latest Clover, AppleACL, Wintergreen, Lilu, etc.

If anyone had this problem and knows how to fix the HDMI issue, please let me know. I'd prefer an actual solution because the restore process took 3 1/2 hours.

[CITA = "nathanh0, mensaje: 2.015.507, miembro de: 2.231.423"]
Estoy empezando a pensar que algunos de nosotros podríamos tener que esperar unas cuantas más versiones en Catalina antes de actualizar. No tengo idea de lo que va a ser roto en la mía, me sale ninguna señal de HDMI así que no puedo incluso utilizarlo.
[/CITAR]
Sí, tal vez es mejor que esperar pero, voy a tratar de actualizar r5070 v2.5k trébol y compartir cómo ha ido

Back