Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS Catalina

now I’m having issues as my Nvidia GeForce gt 710 resolution that was very good and recognized by Mojave is not in Catalina, I have no internet and Catalina boots only with the help of the USB, any solution for this?

Off topic - Start a new thread of your own in Catalina Desktop Support.

For anyone using an HDMI/DVI Output, learn from my mistakes....

Radeon RX560 4GB HDMI/DVI "No Signal" on monitor/tv display.

The install was actually 100% successful, it was headless though - meaning as soon as I got past the Apple loading screen on the "Install MacOs" (using the update method), it turned off my display "No signal".

There's actually regular mac / imac / mac mini users (I'm sure a few are legit?) that have put reports to Apple about the issue, but none of the recommendations from them have worked.

IMPORTANT: My Recovery ended up being overwritten by the automatic Catalina install process which lasted about 30 minutes, so HDMI didn't work in Recovery mode either.

I had to revert back to Mojave 10.14 using TIME MACHINE by booting into Mojave Install using USB and Time Machine System Recovery.

I have updated to the latest Clover, AppleACL, Wintergreen, Lilu, etc.

If anyone had this problem and knows how to fix the HDMI issue, please let me know. I'd prefer an actual solution because the restore process took 3 1/2 hours.

Hello guys,

I was on Mojave 10.14.4 and updated the following before installing Catalina :

Clover to 5070
Lilu from 1.3.5 to 1.3.8
AppleALC 1.3.6 to 1.4.1

However after multiple reboot, I get this screen :

20191011_004915.jpg

How could I display logs/troubleshoot and find out what's wrong ?
Here my EFI folder.

If anyone can help me, it would be really cool :)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.3 MB · Views: 133
help please help pink screen

Attachments

• Imagen.jpeg
    Imagen.jpeg
    971.2 KB · Views: 198
Hello guys,

I was on Mojave 10.14.4 and updated the following before installing Catalina :

Clover to 5070
Lilu from 1.3.5 to 1.3.8
AppleALC 1.3.6 to 1.4.1

However after multiple reboot, I get this screen :

20191011_004915.jpg

How could I display logs/troubleshoot and find out what's wrong ?
Here my EFI folder.

If anyone can help me, it would be really cool :)

I had the same error message on my DELL laptop. I fixed it by updated the kext to latest version. Some kexts may not be compatible with Catalina.

A question about updating from Mojave to Catalina, I did a clean install of Catalina it went well but now I’m having issues with graphic and internet. I still have Mojave on other hardisk where graphic and internet works good. Will Updating from Mojave 10.14.6 to Catalina have any effect on Mojave graphic and internet configuration? Will I have internet and graphic will be good like I have in Mojave? Since Mojave works really well, thanks

Last edited:
For anyone using an HDMI/DVI Output, learn from my mistakes....

Radeon RX560 4GB HDMI/DVI "No Signal" on monitor/tv display.

The install was actually 100% successful, it was headless though - meaning as soon as I got past the Apple loading screen on the "Install MacOs" (using the update method), it turned off my display "No signal".

There's actually regular mac / imac / mac mini users (I'm sure a few are legit?) that have put reports to Apple about the issue, but none of the recommendations from them have worked.

IMPORTANT: My Recovery ended up being overwritten by the automatic Catalina install process which lasted about 30 minutes, so HDMI didn't work in Recovery mode either.

I had to revert back to Mojave 10.14 using TIME MACHINE by booting into Mojave Install using USB and Time Machine System Recovery.

I have updated to the latest Clover, AppleACL, Wintergreen, Lilu, etc.

If anyone had this problem and knows how to fix the HDMI issue, please let me know. I'd prefer an actual solution because the restore process took 3 1/2 hours.
Totally same scenario here....i reverted back from my CCC copy as well.

I updated clover to latest , lilu,AppleALC,fakeSMC,whateverGreen but stuck at 16 minutes remaining (no heavy load to cpu)

Attachments

• C32BE590-B1C5-4B98-BA82-8B3F3970E0D3.jpeg
    C32BE590-B1C5-4B98-BA82-8B3F3970E0D3.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 172
Back