Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS Catalina

I'm on a z270 + RX5700XT system with clover 5098.
Trying to clean install 10.15.1, but after the Apple loading bar of the USB-installer successfully fills up, I get a blank black screen (still have signal ... but black)

Any ideas?
Verbose mode doesn't show anything either.
I've tried with ATI injection, with Intel injection, without ... Nothing seems to work

SOLVED >> Needed to add agpmod=pikera boot argument

Previously had a GTX1080 working in High Sierra, but swapped it out for the RX5700XT because I read it worked :)

Last edited:
i have version beta 9 of catalinas, can i update a version finish of catalinas?

Tried to upgrade from 10.14.6 today - no luck, black screen after apple logo, when it normally turns on to second display. Catalina will boot in safe mode tough. What am I doing wrong? config.plist attached.

Attachments

• config.plist
    12.1 KB · Views: 120
Following the procedure I managed to update successfully, including the Sound Driver. This works!!!

hp 8300, nvdia 710, trendnet bluetooth driver tbw-106ub.

Anyone else getting this "You must be running macOS Catalina 10.15 or later..." ? Trying to update from Mojave 10.14.5 to Catalina. Clover is ver. 5070, restarted but still can't update.

Thanks.

View attachment 429158
Hi,
Did you ever get this solved? I'm having same issue - tried full installer and update and keep getting same issue.
Thanks for any assistance!

Updated to Catalina macOS 10.15.1 from System \ Software Update \ upgrade and everything works perfectly.

I could from the pre-version directly on the Store Updaten and everything funtioniert on first attempt.
Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-02 um 11.24.06.png

Back