Contribute
Register

Unreliable WiFi with BCM94360CD on macOS Sierra (rock solid on El Capitan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

I am having a strange issue with my WiFi connection now that I have updated to Sierra. I was previously running El Capitan (not on Clover), and a few days ago I did a completely fresh install of Sierra using Clover. It all went pretty smoothly and I didn't have to install any kexts to get my WiFi card up and running (as expected).

I am using a BCM94360CD (0x14E4, 0x111) card that slots into the mini PCIe adapter that came with my board (GA-Z97N-WIFI). On El Capitan and previous versions, this has been rock solid. On Sierra, the card is detected OK and both bluetooth and Wifi stay connected all of the time. However, I have recently noticed that quite frequently (every ~ 30 minutes), my WiFi speeds will drop to 0-5KB/s. This will last for a few minutes, then resume to healthy speeds (4MB/s), inline with what I should be getting. I have been trying and failing to diagnose these symptoms. The only thing I know is that the problem is internal to the mac: the same network is stable on my laptop, phone etc., and all other devices speedtest healthily during the periods of slow connection on the mac. Moreover, the connection was stable before the update to Sierra.

Has anyone observed similar behaviour? I read on this thread that several cards are no longer supported on Sierra - but the BCM94360CD is not one of them.

I'm sorry the symptoms are so vague, but if anyone has any ideas or is experiencing similar issues I would much appreciate your help & input!

Thanks
Jack

Same problem here, I usually see 50-500KB/s when the slow down takes effect. Same 14e4, 111. Waking from sleep seems to cause it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back