Contribute
Register

Unibeast waiting for root device

Status
Not open for further replies.
everything works fine except nothing is displaying on my TV

Did you plug the cable into the TV? :lol: lol. Ok so when you boot up the start up screen appears on your TV or Not. Or when OSX tries to boot you have no signal showing on your TV like a lost signal?

Did you plug the cable into the TV? :lol: lol. Ok so when you boot up the start up screen appears on your TV or Not. Or when OSX tries to boot you have no signal showing on your TV like a lost signal?

lol yea I made sure the cables were connected, OSX does recognize the display its just my TV isnt getting the signal. Again while using windows I was able to dual monitor things. My PC monitor is connected via DVI to DVI on graphics and HDMI from graphics card to HDMI on TV

lol yea I made sure the cables were connected, OSX does recognize the display its just my TV isnt getting the signal. Again while using windows I was able to dual monitor things. My PC monitor is connected via DVI to DVI on graphics and HDMI from graphics card to HDMI on TV

Try GraphicsEnabler=NO. Is the monitor receiving the signal?

Try GraphicsEnabler=NO. Is the monitor receiving the signal?
Try using just the (HDMI)TV and unplug the monitor(DVI) and see if it displays then, If i remember that when using the DVI sometimes the HDMI doesn't work. Then there is another option that can be added in the Org.chameleon.boot.plist.

Try using just the (HDMI)TV and unplug the monitor(DVI) and see if it displays then, If i remember that when using the DVI sometimes the HDMI doesn't work. Then there is another option that can be added in the Org.chameleon.boot.plist.

ok it receives the signal :D Now the only problem is the borders are to wide I think, the tool bar on the top doesnt show and part of my dock is cut off, ive tried messing with the resolution but nothing is working

ok it receives the signal :D Now the only problem is the borders are to wide I think, the tool bar on the top doesnt show and part of my dock is cut off, ive tried messing with the resolution but nothing is working
It is probably the overscan on the TV, try changing the setting on your TV and not on your computer, there are only some ports that will work together on your graphics card and some will not. Take a look at your user manual and it should explain which ones work together.

Also see if the TV has a PC profile.

It is probably the overscan on the TV, try changing the setting on your TV and not on your computer, there are only some ports that will work together on your graphics card and some will not. Take a look at your user manual and it should explain which ones work together.

Also see if the TV has a PC profile.

yea my TV has a PC profile but when I use it, nothing displays

yea my TV has a PC profile but when I use it, nothing displays

Not the source profile as it probably has a VGA adapter input, what I meant is like you have game/sky satellite/pc profile. I got to go. I think with some tweaks you will be able to figure it out, I will post tomorrow if you are still having troubles. I have to work early in the morning here in the UK.

Your almost there TheDrizzle_0 :thumbup:

Not the source profile as it probably has a VGA adapter input, what I meant is like you have game/sky satellite/pc profile. I got to go. I think with some tweaks you will be able to figure it out, I will post tomorrow if you are still having troubles. I have to work early in the morning here in the UK.

Your almost there TheDrizzle_0 :thumbup:

lol yea thanks dude youve helped a ton!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back