Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys im trying to take another shot on installing mountain lion on my computer. Im going to use this guide (http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-uefi-bios-all-working-dsdt-not-required.html) however when I go to install mountain lion with the unibeast USB it just gives me a spinning wheel of death. Ive attached a picture I got when I booted using -v -x and thats what I get waiting for root device. I have tried using different USB ports, I disconnected all other Hard Drives except for the one I want Mountain Lion on, Please help :)

Heres my Build
i5 2500K
GA-Z68MA-D2H B3
16 GB Ram
500GB HDD
I do have a 1TB drive, optical drive, and HD 6850 but these arent plugged in.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    745.9 KB · Views: 286
Finally got it to go into the installer and did the whole multibeast thing the best I Could to mimic the picture on that guide however when I boot up it freezes on the apple logo. Heres what I get when I booted using -v

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    691.2 KB · Views: 245
Hi.

It means it can't find the USB drive to boot from it. Try the USB in different ports, preferably USB 2.0.
You could try and remake the USB with UniBeast or try another flash drive. Also make sure the HDD you are installing on is on the 1st sata port.

Edit: This was a reply for your #1 post.

Finally got it to go into the installer and did the whole multibeast thing the best I Could to mimic the picture on that guide however when I boot up it freezes on the apple logo. Heres what I get when I booted using -v

What options did you select in MultiBeast? You can use the UniBeast Installer to get back into OSX.

im attempting to reinstall again ill post picture of what I selected real soon

Now when I booted I didnt even get to the apple logo I just got boot0.....
ok so I selected
User DSDT/DSDT-Free install
Audio w/out DSDT-ALC889
Miscellaneous
FakeSMC/FakeSMC Plugins
USB 3.0-Universal
Bootloader-Chimera 2.01
System Definition
Mac Mini-5,1
SSDT-Sandybridge i5

its exactly like the picture in the guide

That is because you have a hard drive that is written in 4k sectors which is explained in the Official Guide. I would suggest that you use solution 1 which is pretty self explanatory. Then see if your Hard drive boots by itself.

oh it says how to get the drive device name, let me try that, ill reply soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back