Contribute
Register

Unibeast USB Stick: Still waiting for root device

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried these flags:
PCIRootUID=0 -x -v

And I still got the "Still waiting for root device". But the problem is that my motherboard doesn't have any option anywhere to turn on/off SMART or AHCI.

Anyone have a suggestion ?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that my MB is an EVGA 132-CK-NF79

Thanks

Plug your USB in port 1, 2, 3 and each time type the following.

busratio=17 -x

One of them should work, your welcome. For me it worked in port 3.

THANK YOU!
Moving the stick to the back solved my problem too!

Have anyone tried these boot flags to resolve the issue?

npci=0x2000

npci=0x3000

GraphicsEnabler=Yes

GraphicsEnabler=No

-force64

arch=i386

arch=x86_64

DSDT=0

darkwake=0

ForceHPET

-F

-f

-s

-v

-x

~Good luck. I hope someone finds that to be helpful.~

Held said:
Hello! I was able to create an USB Stick with Unibeast but if I try to install it i get an "Still waiting for root device" error, i'm using an GA-Z68MX-UD2h-B3 Mainboard with i7 2600K and an one TB Sata HDD from Samsung, is there any solution for this problem?
My USB hub on the MB was not fully recognized so I used
USBBusFix=Yes

and I got it work. If it does not pass that state, check the ID of the UUID rooting device. If it is the one of the USB stick then you could try PCIRootUID=2

Hope you'll solve your problem
-G

I had my hackintosh already up and running under 10.7.3. But then I had the genius Idea to update to 10.7.4 AND play around with the org.chameleon.plist at the same time and I couldn't boot anymore. Well I think I deserved that^^

Be that as it may, I still had a fresh backup from .3, so I decided to format the mac-partition (I have a windows one too), install .4 with unibeast 1.3 and then migrate my files.

The installation finished without problems, but when rebooting I got the "still waiting for root device". Tried to fix it with PCIRootUID=1 and 0 respectively, -x -v -f -F as well. Still no luck.

Then I threw out the new installation and tried to restore the working .3 from time machine backup with the unibeast stick. This finished successfully after ~3h but I still get "still waiting for root device".

Currently this is day 3 I'm struggling with this, and I'm running out of ideas. Could it be, that it has something to do with the new unibeast 1.3? The last time I installed OSX in february, so maybe something changed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.: Hardware:
GA UDH3-B3 F10
i5 2500K
Tried two different USB sticks, all USB devices plugged in at the rear, nothing but USB Stick, Mouse, Keyboard and HDMI connected.

Just checking in, reporting that I no longer get the "Still waiting for root device" error when using Unibeast 1.1.0 instead of 1.3.0 and everything seems to work just fine. Also I'm using 10.7.3, if that helps.

I hope this helps someone :)

Had this error many times before and tried different parameters but no luck. So I decided to update my BIOS and I got it working.

I have a GA-EP45-UD3P Hackintosh that I was trying to install a clean version of Lion on. I had successfully installed Leopard on a separate hard drive, never succeeded with Snow Leopard, and wanted to give Lion a whirl with UniBeast. I had the dreaded "Still waiting for root device" error persist for days.

Solution? PCIRootUID=0, as stated above.

But here's the catch... I was combining PCIRootUID=0 with -x, and that prevented it from loading the appropriate .ktext. So don't do that. Hopefully this saves someone else some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back